Other Devices Cannot Connect; Says Incorrect Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-04 07:25:10 - last edited 2020-08-05 07:43:20
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I recently set up a Deco M4 Whome Home Mesh Wi-Fi Unit. I used my smart phone to set up the main Deco and the satellite Deco. I thought everything was working well because I can access the internet on my phone through the Deco unit; however, when I tried connecting my laptop and desktop and other devices through Wi-Fi from the Deco Unit, the other devices cannot connect and it says that my password is incorrect when I am entering the exact same password for both my smartphone and the other devices. The other devices can access the internet by connecting from other Wi-Fi signals emitted by our old Wi-Fi extender but it cannot connect through the Deco units. 

What is happening? Why is my smartphone the only device capable of connecting through the Deco?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Other Devices Cannot Connect; Says Incorrect Password-Solution
2020-12-08 00:24:30 - last edited 2021-02-01 01:15:22

@TP-Link_Deco 

One thing I found...tp-link added a 'space' at the end of my password, literally a blank space.  When I added that 'space' to the end of my passwords when trying to get wi-fi w/my other devices...just like that, i was in.  

Crazy frustrating, hope this helps someone.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Other Devices Cannot Connect; Says Incorrect Password
2020-08-05 07:42:27 - last edited 2021-02-01 01:15:24

@JosiahDavid 

Hello,

You may try to create a simple wireless network name and password, then check whether it can be detected correctly:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1591/

If still cannot connect, try to disable fast roaming, setup QoS as standard, and clear all the high priority rules. You may also disable the anti-virus.

Try to disable 5GHz first and enable 2.4GHz only, or you can enable the guest network to give it a shot.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
Re:Other Devices Cannot Connect; Says Incorrect Password-Solution
2020-12-08 00:24:30 - last edited 2021-02-01 01:15:22

@TP-Link_Deco 

One thing I found...tp-link added a 'space' at the end of my password, literally a blank space.  When I added that 'space' to the end of my passwords when trying to get wi-fi w/my other devices...just like that, i was in.  

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Other Devices Cannot Connect; Says Incorrect Password
2021-01-30 14:46:47

davil45 wrote

@TP-Link_Deco 

@davil45  iv had the same problem and also found that there was a 'space' in my password too.

Thanks for putting that on the forum i've been ripping my hair out for the last week trying to work out why i couldnt seem to add anything to the network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 5596

Replies: 3