Please advise what did I disable in my TPLINK router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-05 22:11:11 - last edited 2020-08-09 21:53:39

I no longer am able to login to my IP address URL (TPLINK modem model # TD-W8951ND. Version 5.1) since I disabled something after logging into my IP address URL page by selecting a radio box somewhere in the middle upper tab there. How do I get back into the IP address login for the modem and ALSO: where do I disable and enable the Wifi connection (for the night) and how? Thanks.

When I enter my IP address into my browser and go there it now shows the following text:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

=================================================================================================

P.S. The website of TPLINK modem (accessed via an IP address) is a dark jungle for an average user. There are many questions, which are hard to find answered. For example what is ACL? ACL Activated / Deactivated - what does it do? When ACL is Deactivated the entire website disappears, as per my above post. On the next day the website reapeared. Whether someone reactivated it or...? It is confusing. Perhaps someone can explain how to use all the features of it? Such as Access Management, uPnP etc?
Why is Secure IP Address listed as: 0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0 ? How to secure the modem, access, prevent others from viewing etc.?

SPI Disabled (radio box). (WARNING: If you enabled SPI, all traffics initiated from WAN would be blocked, including DMZ, Virtual Server, and ACL WAN side.)
How does a modem owner know all that?

Also... the model number TD-W8951ND is not found by TP-Link website. How come? Are there TPLINK modems that the manufacturer forgot and can not find? What can I do then? I can not even contact the tech suport in the link below because they do not recognize the MODEL NUMBER of my TPLINK modem and keep erasing the model number field! How come?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Please advise what did I disable in my TPLINK router?-Solution
2020-08-07 09:24:53 - last edited 2020-08-09 21:53:39

@PapaCarlo 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your patience.

Please refer to the following information below:

1. Unable to log into the modem;

Do you still have internet after you disabled something on the web UI?

If no, a quick reset via reset pinhole at the back of the modem for 10s will get the modem into factory default settings, so later you could try to log in via 192.168.1.1/ tplinkmodem.net;

If the internet still available, please try to check the IP address and gateway on the device; then try to log in via gateway;

2. Where do I disable and enable the Wi-Fi connection (for the night) and how?

There is a Wi-Fi button at the back of the router: Press this button for 1s to enable or disable Wireless LAN interface.

3. As for the advanced features about the ACL, please refer to https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/476/;

4. Since this model is already end of life, For other advanced features, there are more FAQ provided: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/td-w8951nd/

Thank you very much for your understanding and have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Please advise what did I disable in my TPLINK router?-Solution
2020-08-07 09:24:53 - last edited 2020-08-09 21:53:39

@PapaCarlo 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your patience.

Please refer to the following information below:

1. Unable to log into the modem;

Do you still have internet after you disabled something on the web UI?

If no, a quick reset via reset pinhole at the back of the modem for 10s will get the modem into factory default settings, so later you could try to log in via 192.168.1.1/ tplinkmodem.net;

If the internet still available, please try to check the IP address and gateway on the device; then try to log in via gateway;

2. Where do I disable and enable the Wi-Fi connection (for the night) and how?

There is a Wi-Fi button at the back of the router: Press this button for 1s to enable or disable Wireless LAN interface.

3. As for the advanced features about the ACL, please refer to https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/476/;

4. Since this model is already end of life, For other advanced features, there are more FAQ provided: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/td-w8951nd/

Thank you very much for your understanding and have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 1

Related Articles