QoS setting for homeworking - vmware blast protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-06 13:39:25
Model: TL-PA4020P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've tried a few searches but I can't find any information on which protocols or ports each of the named qos settings covers.

I'd like to prioritise traffic relating to the virtual desktop that I use for work which uses vmwares blast protocol. It's unclear whether this woud fall into the "Online Game" or "Audio or Video" QoS catergories, I doubt it's "Internet" as that is probably just port 80 and 443, I haven't researched it but I believe blast uses some ports historically associated with video conferencing so I'm currently using "Audio or Video".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Allan

Options
2 Reply
Re:QoS setting for homeworking - vmware blast protocol
2020-10-20 01:37:32
I also used the virtual desktop based on vmwares blast protocol and had no plan of OoS Optimization yet; But I was curious whether you got the performance improved by choosing "Audio or Video", or ‘internet’? Thanks very much.
Options
Re:QoS setting for homeworking - vmware blast protocol
2020-10-20 12:35:46

@Lawrence-C 

I never got around to experimenting with it. I changed broadband providers and with the new router I started losing the network connection over the powerline several times a day so I switched back to WiFi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 564

Replies: 2