The extender is not sending enough power.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-06 21:38:13
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: V5.8

My extender is not sending enough power to my smart tv so that I can watch Netflix, it starts and then is stops. I tried moving the extender closer or farther from the router and the image quality Sometimes gets better but in a minute it freezes.

Options
1 Reply
Re:The extender is not sending enough power.
2020-08-11 02:47:36

@J_V 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The smart TV is connected to the 855re wirelessly, instead of using Ethernet cable , right?

When you said, the smart TV freezes, do you mean it stopped playing the programs, like buffering, or has no internet anymore?

When it freezes, how do you make it work again, rebooting the 855RE, or it would come back automatically?

Have you tested on the smartphone to watch the Netflix as well to see if the same issue happened on the TV?

Then please refer to the following suggestions as well:

1. Change the wireless channel of the main router is possible, like channel 11 for 2.4ghz;
  2. Update the firmware of 855RE to be the latest one: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa855re/#Firmware

Thank you~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 1