AC1600 bought in Germany - no DSL in France

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-07 10:32:50
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Not sure

Hi. We have a VR600v bought in Germany (with DE reference on the underside) and are tryinng to use it in France.

We have previously used teh same model from the UK in France without an issue.

This time however the modem cannot see any DSL signal.

Can I reconfigure it to see a DSL signal in France does anyone know?  Interestingy the UK modem asked teh user to specify location on start up but the German version doesn't and I cannot see how to change it.

Any thoughts pls?  Would a firmware update resolve the issue?

Thanks, Simon

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1600 bought in Germany - no DSL in France
2020-08-10 05:40:57

@SimoninFrance 

Good day.

Are you trying to say, there is no DSL light lit up on the Archer VR600v?

And is there anything connected to the DSL port at the back of the modem?

How about the DSL status here?

Thank you!

Options
2020-08-10 08:16:30

@Sunshine 

Thank you ever so much for your response.

Replies as follows:-

1. Correct - no DSL light

2. DSL line plugged in

3. Status screen showing exactly as per your screen shot below - DSL Disconnected

I think the issue may be somethinng to do with the line adaptor; the unit came with a german phone socket however to use it in France I am using an RJ45 line into a box which plugs into the french phone socket. I have taken the box apart and insie it is simply cable connections - no filter as far as I can see.

At present we have reconfigured the unit as a router only and we are using the original and rather antiquated modem to supply connectivity to it, but would much prefer to get it up and running as a modem router as I suspect this will drastically improve line reliability and speed.

Hope these comments address your points? Anything else that I can try to do you think please?

Many thanks,

Simon

Options
2020-08-14 03:51:19

@SimoninFrance 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

For the Archer VR600V, it is a combination of DSL modem and router.

So if you have an Ethernet RJ45 connection, you might need to use wireless router mode, and if DSL connection with RJ11 cable, the DSL modem router mode is needed.

Since you mentioned that it was the Ethernet connection in France, so which means there is no need for the DSL modem mode, so I think you do not need to set it up with the DSL connection.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 3

Related Articles