How do I set a different password for my Range Extender RE305 (different from my Router WIFI Key)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How do I set a different password for my Range Extender RE305 (different from my Router WIFI Key)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-07 16:11:57 - last edited 2020-08-11 01:21:35
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have been trying to set up a simple password for my household to access my newtwork via my TP Range extenders (RE305). All it appears to allow me to do is supply the router's (long 27 char ) when setting the Range Extender up, but I can't seem to see a way of setting a simple password to access the Range Extender to something more simple in the Range Extender settings. For example, with a similar product from Netgear, I am able to input the long router key to connect the Range Extender to the router - but then have a simple password for accessing the Range Extender from my devices...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I set a different password for my Range Extender RE305 (different from my Router WIFI Key)
2020-08-11 01:46:11

@SteveBrz 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

I hope this is what you are looking for:

the long router key to connect the Range Extender to the router:

a simple password for accessing the Range Extender from my devices:

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2217