Deco PPPoE Setup and moving home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-07 21:15:46 - last edited 2020-08-11 05:43:46
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Due to move home soon and will be taking my decos with me. I currently have my network set up in router mode connected via ethernet to a 3rd party router. My new home will have FTTP I have no intension of buying my new ISP's router as they offer discount if you have your own that can do PPPoE. The info on the deco support pages does really answer my question. 
What I wan't to know is there anything specific I should know when moving my decos. I.e. do I need to reset them etc. or will they carry over in terms of network etc. to the new property fine. Also how do I go about setting up my main deco in terms of PPPoE to the ISP at my new property or should it be all pretty self explanitory (within reason)?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco PPPoE Setup and moving home-Solution
2020-08-11 05:43:29 - last edited 2020-08-11 05:43:46

@MONGO_abaday 

Hello,

When you move home, you may just need to reconfigure the main Deco M5 due to the change of the ISP and connection provided by him. The Deco system should still work when the internet is back on the main Deco.

For a PPPoE connection, you may refer to the below guide to install the main Deco:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1592/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco PPPoE Setup and moving home-Solution
2020-08-11 05:43:29 - last edited 2020-08-11 05:43:46

@MONGO_abaday 

Hello,

When you move home, you may just need to reconfigure the main Deco M5 due to the change of the ISP and connection provided by him. The Deco system should still work when the internet is back on the main Deco.

For a PPPoE connection, you may refer to the below guide to install the main Deco:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1592/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10487

Replies: 1

Related Articles