Archer C6 keep loosing internet connection for 5 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-07 21:35:29 - last edited 2020-08-07 21:37:00
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

Problem start to appear about a month after purchase. I keep loosing internet connection randomly, few times a day. Everytime it's 5 minute break.

First I was talking to my ISP as I suspected their fault. After 2 weeks of monitoring my connection and their hardware, they finally said it has to be something with the router. So I plugged in old one and they were right. I had firmware 1.3.5 (EU). Now I upgraded it to 1.3.7 (EU) as found somebody had similiar problem and was given that firmware. But the problem persist and is really annoying.

Tried to contact TP-LINK support, first I was given a solution by setting static DNS, but it didn't solve problem. What to do next?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C6 keep loosing internet connection for 5 minutes
2020-08-10 06:44:42

@Widget 

Hello, sorry about it.

If there is still an issue or issues with the latest 1.3.7 beta, please confirm basic info as below:

1. What is the exact issue now, is the 2.4G wireless still unstable or 5G unstable or all 2.4G/5G/Wired connections are having issues?

2. Are all wireless devices or both wired and wireless devices experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? When they got disconnected, is the wireless network of the Archer C6 still broadcasting or the wireless network is no longer available on all other devices as well?

3. If only the 2.4G wireless or 5G is not stable, try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

4. How often does this disconnect issue happen? How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the C6 or just wait and it will reconnect automatically?

Thanks again for your time and patience.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-10 16:12:15

@Kevin_Z There is no issue with WIFI, there is an issue with internet connection. All devices in my home, even my computer connected by cable looses connection.

"4. How often does this disconnect issue happen? How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the C6 or just wait and it will reconnect automatically? "

I already wrote that in first message, it happens few times a day, everyday. I just wait for it to connect again. Tried rebooting router but it takes around 5 minutes to be back online so no idea if it's a problem with ISP or router itself as it takes around 5 minutes for the connection to be back.

Options
2020-08-11 10:44:55

@Widget 

Hi, who is your ISP? When the internet drops on the C6, please confirm again if the internet LED on it is orange or green? Is there still a WAN IP address at that time?

Please show us the whole system log during the good-disconnect-good again process? We will then forward your case to the engineers for further analysis, thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-11 15:39:51

@Kevin_Z 

"Hi, who is your ISP? When the internet drops on the C6, please confirm again if the internet LED on it is orange or green? Is there still a WAN IP address at that time?"

Eltronik - http://www.eltronik.net.pl/ (local cable)

When internet is down, internet led is orange. About WAN IP, yes, it's still set when internet is down.

See attachment for the log. It's a log for past 2 days, there were at least 10 cases when internet was down.

File:
syslog-2020-08-11.logDownload
Options
2020-08-12 03:10:10

@Widget 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.   

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 997

Replies: 5

Related Articles