Resolved my issues possibly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 14:05:36 - last edited 2020-08-08 14:12:51
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.4.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 200701 Beta.71362n

I had a issue where my wireless connection would drop out and not be able to reconnect, but wired PC's remained connected to the internet but I couldn't access the admin (192.168.1.1) for the router.

I sent one back to Amazon with this problem, got another back (which I'm still using) but that had exactly the same problem after a while!

We transfered to a new ISP and they actually gave us a fairly decent router so we used that for a while.  I decided to open up the TP Link router and do this:

I had some heatsinks for a Raspberry Pi and they fit really well, except that one on what I expect is the RAM chip. 

Its been connected for 13 days now with no issues.  Hope it keeps going well.

Only 3 things changed

1) Changed ISP (unlikely to cause any improvement)

2) Added Heatsinks (I thought the chips could be overheating)

3) Updated FIrmware (Also a good possibilty it fixed my problem)

So not sure if 2 or 3 cured the problem really! 

You would probably lose your warranty by opening it up so not really recommended.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Resolved my issues possibly
2020-08-10 03:04:48

@ThatTechGuy 

Good Day,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Your sharing details would be very helpful to us.yes

For other customers who had the same issue, please try the tip 1& 3 first;

Check with your internet service provider and make sure the internet line is fine, and always keep the firmware up to date;

For the tip2, As mentioned by @ ThatTechGuy too, dismantling the machine would break the warranty.

Thank you~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 1