Unstable Ethernet connection with range extender [RE650]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 16:56:11
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20180719 Rel. 36926

Hello :)

For some strange reason my ethernet connection gets really unstable when i play games on my computer while connected to the range extender. When i start playing it works fine and the internet speed is fast. However, i loose the connection about every five minutes or so for about a minute each time. 

When i connect to the internet wirelessly the connection is slow but completely stable so thats what i use primarily.

When connected with cable the speed i pretty good until it i loose it (about 120mbps download speed) 

The range extender is placed about 6-7 meters away from the modem. 

When i loose connection the lamps on the extender turns off on both the 2,4GHz and 5GHz network.

So far i've tried rebooting the extender, restoring to factory settings, repostioning the extender, the quick setup option, waiting for the problem to go away by itself, rebooting the modem, updating pc drivers, and messing around with the setting of both extender and modem. Nothing seems to work for me, anyone got any advice?

Thanks in advance - Fred

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unstable Ethernet connection with range extender [RE650]
2020-08-10 11:29:15

@Fred_Olsen 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

For your case, please help us get the following information:

1. What is the model number of your main router?
  2. When the internet dropped, how do you recover the connection, reboot the RE650, or would it come back automatically later?
  3. When the internet lost, please try to log into the RE650 to save the system log;

And since you are not on the latest firmware, please also try to update the firmware as well:

RE650(EU)_V1_190521

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201905/20190530/RE650_V1_190521.zip

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1232

Replies: 1

Related Articles