USB LED light doesn't ON after connecting the USB cable from Printer to the Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

USB LED light doesn't ON after connecting the USB cable from Printer to the Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-09 03:58:44 - last edited 2020-08-10 03:05:28
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 2.1 v0044.0 Build 151120 Rel.35051n

Hello,

I have purchased this product for the sake of connecting my printer or USB mass storage via the USB port. But none of them are not getting connected after the brand new USB cable is connected to both ends. Even the LED light for USB port doesn't ON at all. Printers I am using are HP Laser Jet 1020 Plus and HP Officejet Pro 8610. Storage device is Seagate Backup Plus Portable device. Kindly help me... 

File:
Archer C20 (1).jpegDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:USB LED light doesn't ON after connecting the USB cable from Printer to the Router-Solution
2020-08-10 03:04:50 - last edited 2020-08-10 03:05:28

@Sam-Eleazar 

Hi, try to log into the web interface of the C20 and confirm the USB status when you plug the printer or the USB mass storage into the USB port.

Are both the printer and USB storage USB3.0 devices or USB2.0? Try a USB2.0 one and confirm again.

If the router cannot detect all of them, the USB port might be faulty, it is suggested to contact the local tech support to check the warranty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:USB LED light doesn't ON after connecting the USB cable from Printer to the Router-Solution
2020-08-10 03:04:50 - last edited 2020-08-10 03:05:28

@Sam-Eleazar 

Hi, try to log into the web interface of the C20 and confirm the USB status when you plug the printer or the USB mass storage into the USB port.

Are both the printer and USB storage USB3.0 devices or USB2.0? Try a USB2.0 one and confirm again.

If the router cannot detect all of them, the USB port might be faulty, it is suggested to contact the local tech support to check the warranty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:USB LED light doesn't ON after connecting the USB cable from Printer to the Router
2020-08-10 06:35:23

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin

As you have asked both are USB2.0 only. There is no light indication for the USB as well as no device status connected in the interface

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 933

Replies: 2