Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
45 Reply
Re:Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.
2020-10-29 08:47:11

@Jorge_Abreu btw I have solve the issue by installing UNOFFICIAL OpenWRT firmware. The 5ghz WiFi is working slower, but there are no dropped connection on 2.4.

It's the last router I have ever bought from tplink. 

Options
Re:Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.
2020-10-30 06:36:37

@Jorge_Abreu 

Sure, we would like to follow up your case and will try our best to figure it out. To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

1. How many devices are connected to the C6, wired and wirelessly? When the internet disconnects, do you mean the devices that connected to the C6 with Ethernet cables also lost the connection? Did they still get a valid IP address from the C6 or the internet?

2. What if you connect a computer directly to that LAN port from the wall, will it always connected to the internet fine? May I know what is the IP address of the computer when connected directly to the wall? 

3. Have you changed the C6 LAN IP address to be the same IP subnet of the internet source? It is also suggested reconfiguring the C6 into an Access Point manually as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/   (Case 2)

4. It is also strongly suggested changing with another cat5e or cat6 cabled between the internet port and the C6.

Have a nice day~

Options
2020-10-30 06:38:58

@pax0r 

Hello, sorry to hear that. While it is glad to know that you have a stable connection now with the OpenWRT firmware. May I know which firmware are you using, kindly show me the download link if possible?

Options
2020-11-25 08:58:16

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry for the late response. I was not notified of your reply and remember this just now. It just happened again.

1. How many devices are connected to the C6, wired and wirelessly? When the internet disconnects, do you mean the devices that connected to the C6 with Ethernet cables also lost the connection? Did they still get a valid IP address from the C6 or the internet?

- By ethernet, just one TV with static IP. It works just fine al the time.

2. What if you connect a computer directly to that LAN port from the wall, will it always connected to the internet fine? May I know what is the IP address of the computer when connected directly to the wall? 

- In that case the computer gets an IP from the DHCP server (another router). IP range: 192.168.1.128-254

3. Have you changed the C6 LAN IP address to be the same IP subnet of the internet source? It is also suggested reconfiguring the C6 into an Access Point manually as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/   (Case 2)

- Done that... AP was set mannualy. I dont like wizards! :D

4. It is also strongly suggested changing with another cat5e or cat6 cabled between the internet port and the C6.

- I have two Archer C6 with the exactly same configuration in different zones of the house. I have tried to swap them and the problematic one has the same behaviour on the location of the "good" one.

Thank you for your support.

Options
2020-11-26 01:15:20

@Jorge_Abreu 

Hello, thanks for getting back.

May I know how does this disconnect issue happen on the specific Archer C6? It seems it's almost a month when you first report this issue to the community, I guess the issue is not happening frequently?

Try to reset this specific C6 to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again if it will be more stable, thanks.

Options
2020-11-26 08:05:36

@Kevin_Z 

Basically the SSID disappears and all wifi devices connected to it get disconnected.

Sometimes it takes weeks between occurrences, sometimes it's shorter period, sometimes longer. It's random.

Already reset it in the past without any positive results. Indeed, it was one of my first attempts to solve issue.

Options
2020-11-26 08:33:39

@Jorge_Abreu 

Hello, thank you very much for the update. I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm.

Options
2020-11-26 09:50:15
I have used Openwrt from https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c6_v2 On stock firmware the issue occurred almost every day, while on OpenWRT it have not appeared even once and it's now about a month since I have started to use it. On the other hand my problem was a little bit different than Jorges as for me 2.4ghz network was still visible (SSID was broadcasted) but no device could connect to it. 5ghz and cable was working like a charm.
Options
2020-11-26 15:44:01

@Jorge_Abreu 

Yea its still happening to mine.

The wireless devices are unable to resolve and IP address on the network. The DHCP messages don't seem to arrive at the wireless devices. They get stuck in a loop of asking for IP  and the DHCP server replies but the wireless clients continually send broadcast request for IP address. Also the signal seems disappear occasionally when this issue occurs.

Options
2020-11-29 22:16:11 - last edited 2020-11-29 22:23:38

@Kevin_Z  same thing happening here, exactly the same problem, for god sake. I have a tv and the video game connected, the signal drops constantly and comes back quickly, when using netflix and etc. you have the illusion of stability because the video is already partially loaded and when the signal comes back loads the rest, now playing online? has became impossible, cause I lose connection with the server. BRO, HELP ME!

Options
Related Articles