Deco M5 connecting to furthest deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-10 02:42:45 - last edited 2020-08-10 09:34:52
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.44

Hi. All my deco M5 units are connecting to the furthest (next to modem) deco unit. 

i have tried resetting all the units, remove and adding them back and 2 units out of 4 continue to connect with the furthest most deco unit 

so my 2nd floor deco is connecting to my my main deco in the garage when in fact there are 2 deco on the main floor which are closer. 

No success with tech services. 

i am discouraged! What can I try as a last resort?

thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 connecting to furthest deco-Solution
2020-08-10 09:34:47 - last edited 2020-08-10 09:34:52

@Nadajoey1 

Normally, Deco will select the best source unit to connect automatically, and there is currently no option on the Deco app to force it to connect to a certain source unit. 

Can't say for now whether we'll add such a feature to force a Deco unit to connect to a certain one but we will feedback to the development team, who will evaluate the feasibility to improve it.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 connecting to furthest deco-Solution
2020-08-10 09:34:47 - last edited 2020-08-10 09:34:52

@Nadajoey1 

Normally, Deco will select the best source unit to connect automatically, and there is currently no option on the Deco app to force it to connect to a certain source unit. 

Can't say for now whether we'll add such a feature to force a Deco unit to connect to a certain one but we will feedback to the development team, who will evaluate the feasibility to improve it.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 connecting to furthest deco
2021-01-19 11:14:07

@TP-Link_Deco Unfortunately we have the same issue; we have 3 Deco M5's in a 3 floor office. Main Deco is at the ground floor, second one is at 1st floor, vertically right above the main one and the 3rd one is at the 2nd floor with the same alignement. But 3rd Deco is connecting to main deco which is impossible to accept as the best speed/connection quality! There should be an option to choose whether to connect or you have to optimize the app when we choose 3+ floor design while adding decos and they should connect each other floor by floor, not to main one. It is only acceptable with single floor area to connect directly to main deco. We are having huge internet speed loss at the 3rd deco by %75! Waiting for an urgent solution please.

Options
Re:Deco M5 connecting to furthest deco
2021-02-09 18:07:48

Same issue.  I have a roku that does not move. It has changed its connection to a further away deco m5 with very weak signal. The only way I can get it to switch back is unplug that deco.    Why would it switch to a weaker signal?   I cannot find a soultion in the android app.    

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1200

Replies: 3

Related Articles