New wired network Backhaul configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-10 09:34:23 - last edited 2020-08-11 02:06:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I'm building a new wired network system on my house and I would like to know if I can do it on this configuration below:

1- Operator Modem

Link wired to

2- Deco M5 (1) MAIN

Link wired to

3- Switch gigabyte (1) 

Link wired to

4- Deco M5 (2) SLAVE

5 - Deco M5 (3) SLAVE

6 - Deco M5 (4) SLAVE 

7- Only Deco M5 (4) link wired to another switch gigabyte (2)

8 - Switch Gigabyte (2)

Link wired to 

9 - Deco M5 (5) SLAVE

Question 1 - I would like to know if it will work, and if the network will be a mesh network or if will work only as an access point network.

Question 2 - I would like to know if is possible to wire Deco M5 (5) SLAVE directly to the another gigabyte port of Deco M5 (4) SLAVE, eliminating Switch Gigabyte (2) of the network, and working as well.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: New wired network Backhaul configuration-Solution
2020-08-11 02:06:13 - last edited 2020-08-11 02:06:20

@WFC 

Hello, thanks for asking.

As per your description, the network layout seems to be:

Network 1: Modem----Main Deco M5----Gigabit Switch----2nd Deco M5
                                                                                     \----3rd Deco M5
                                                                                     \----4th Deco M5----2nd Gigabit Switch----5th Deco M5

Network 2: Modem----Main Deco M5----Gigabit Switch----2nd Deco M5
                                                                                     \----3rd Deco M5
                                                                                     \----4th Deco M5----5th Deco M5

Generally, both of the above two network layouts would be fine and the Deco units can build up a mesh network with each other. May I know what is the brand and model number of that gigabit switch first?

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re: New wired network Backhaul configuration-Solution
2020-08-11 02:06:13 - last edited 2020-08-11 02:06:20

@WFC 

Hello, thanks for asking.

As per your description, the network layout seems to be:

Network 1: Modem----Main Deco M5----Gigabit Switch----2nd Deco M5
                                                                                     \----3rd Deco M5
                                                                                     \----4th Deco M5----2nd Gigabit Switch----5th Deco M5

Network 2: Modem----Main Deco M5----Gigabit Switch----2nd Deco M5
                                                                                     \----3rd Deco M5
                                                                                     \----4th Deco M5----5th Deco M5

Generally, both of the above two network layouts would be fine and the Deco units can build up a mesh network with each other. May I know what is the brand and model number of that gigabit switch first?

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re: New wired network Backhaul configuration
2020-08-11 22:15:01

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi one is INTELBRAS SG 800 Q+ 8 ports

And another one Is INTELBRAS SF 1811 POE 16 ports

Options
Re: New wired network Backhaul configuration
2020-08-12 23:53:41
Are those switches compatible with the configuration that i expect?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 3

Related Articles