Difficulty connecting MSWindows laptop to my deco mesh wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-11 14:51:24 - last edited 2020-08-12 09:03:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi - can anyone tell me how I find out what the key is that needs to be entered when trying to connect a Windows laptop to my new Deco mesh WiFi? It is definitely not the password I used to set up the Deco. I have 3 Deco M5 units which all appear to be working ok with my Apple products but I didn't need a "key" to join the WiFi but my husband's work laptop is requesting for a key to be entered - any help please?

thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Difficulty connecting MSWindows laptop to my deco mesh wifi-Solution
2020-08-12 09:03:08 - last edited 2020-08-12 09:03:13

@Newbie_user 

Hello,

Is there any error message when you try to connect to the M5 wireless on your husband's work laptop? Does this work laptop support 2.4G only?

You may try to create a simple wireless network name and check whether it can be detected correctly:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1591/

If still cannot connect, try to disable fast roaming, setup QoS as standard, and clear all the high priority rules. You may also disable the anti-virus.

Try to disable 5GHz first and enable 2.4GHz only, or you can enable the guest network to give it a shot.

May it help and have a good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Difficulty connecting MSWindows laptop to my deco mesh wifi-Solution
2020-08-12 09:03:08 - last edited 2020-08-12 09:03:13

@Newbie_user 

Hello,

Is there any error message when you try to connect to the M5 wireless on your husband's work laptop? Does this work laptop support 2.4G only?

You may try to create a simple wireless network name and check whether it can be detected correctly:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1591/

If still cannot connect, try to disable fast roaming, setup QoS as standard, and clear all the high priority rules. You may also disable the anti-virus.

Try to disable 5GHz first and enable 2.4GHz only, or you can enable the guest network to give it a shot.

May it help and have a good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 1