changing owner email address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

changing owner email address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:changing owner email address
2021-03-26 02:05:21 - last edited 2021-03-26 02:08:18

@GeordieDave 

If that is the case, please provide the Deco model (all Deco models in the network), firmware version, Deco app version, phone OS version, and your Deco account/ TP-Link ID, we will ask the engineers to help with it.

Options
2021-03-26 09:51:58

@Kevin_Z thanks Kevin. Engineers are now working on this as I also have issues with the manual update tool no longer recognising my username and password.

I'll post the outcome.

cheers

Options
2021-03-27 09:28:46

@GeordieDave so by way of an update:  I now have the latest firmware on my 6 Deco units (3 x M9plus and 3 x M5).  I also have the latest version of the App on my iPhone.

It is not possible to change the Owner email address!

I've informed TP-Link Tech.  Update next week. :-)

Options
2021-03-27 14:24:46

@GeordieDave So - further update as it appears the TP-Link tech never sleep or have time off:

I've had two issues here.

1 - can't change owner email address easily in the Deco App.

2 - Manual firmware tool didn't recognise my email and password.

Issue 2 was solved by using a VPN to confuse the firmware tool into thinking I was someone else.  I was able to download and install the latest firmware and the tool worked perfectly afterwards.

Issue 1 was not resolvable.  You can not change the Owner email address in the App.  At least not on an iPhone running the latest version of the App.

The fix from TP-Link Tech is one that I think Kevin has already suggested and involved transferring ownership via the App.  It is reasonably simple but not as simple as just changing the email address.  TP-Link Tech response below:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your valued reply.

Great to hear that you have logged in again to the Utility tool, and please check with this link and see if it can be resolved:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2957/ 

Options
Re:changing owner email address-Solution
2021-03-29 08:28:42 - last edited 2021-03-31 07:50:09

@GeordieDave  

final message in the saga. 
TP-Link Tech team have stated that there are only two way to change the Owner email address. 
1. Change owner method

2. Complete reinstall of all Decos using new login. 

It is not possible (with current firmware) to simply change the Owner email address in the App. 

cheers D

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-31 07:51:16

@GeordieDave 

Congratulations. It's glad to know the issue is resolved.

Options
2021-03-31 08:01:21

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks Kevin.  I still think it would be easier to be able to change the email address simply by clicking on the owner and changing the address. Perhaps there is a good reason why this is not an option.

cheers

Options
2021-05-18 11:45:18

Hello, does the instruction you gave also work for the Android App Version? 

Thanks in advance

Options
2021-05-18 12:35:47

@xgaby20   Sorry but I don't know as I'm all Mac.  I suspect it will but will probably look a little different on the Android App.  I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable on here will be able to advise.

Options
2021-05-18 20:12:49

@GeordieDave 

Ah okay, thank you anyway for your reply!

Options