Wireless works fine but very slow on wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-12 16:47:27
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, purchased this router yesterday and set up ok except issues with wired connection, very limited internet.  My son is going crazy because he is used to fast wired for gaming and its all my fault because our wireless was failing on BT Home Hub 5.  Any advice really appreciated, thanks in advance.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wireless works fine but very slow on wired connection
2020-08-14 09:37:37

@Jay_Hay 

Good Day,

Thank you very much for your patience.

May I know how much speed you could get from the Ethernet connection of the VR600?

And how much speed you are supposed to get from the internet service provider?

Is it the speed of Wi-Fi also slow?

Could you please help us get the following information:

Thank you~

Options
2020-08-14 13:26:06

@Sunshine

Thanks your help is much appreciated

I am not sure how much speed I can get from the VR600 - how can I find that out?

I am on BT Fibre 1  which I think is around 55-60 mbpsand usually get around 60mbps

Wifi is very good and the pc runs fine when connected to wifi.  Ethernet is preferred for the gaming and we changed nothing on the pc when installing the router just unplugged ethernet from BThome hub and plugged straight into VR600.  

Each day we are finding problems on initial start up but randomly seems to improve after an hour or so.  Today the initial status is showing as:

Options
2020-08-20 13:04:55

@Sunshine 

im still having this problem, please can someone help.

Options
2020-08-30 06:42:17

@Jay_Hay 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Based on the DSL status you have sent to us, you are supposed to get 20-30M/s upload speed, 74-88m/s download speed, so if you run a speed test on the laptop, how much you can get , also how about the 5Ghz wireless speed from the mobile devices?

At the same time, you could try to set up the QoS to optimize the traffic priority for gaming, such as

https://www.tp-link.com/faq-1742.html

Thank you very much!

Options
2020-10-20 15:06:33
@sunshine Sorry for the delay, I have been unwell. When working download and upload are as expected, however as discussed sometimes the Ethernet connection does not work. On occasion a reboot fixes it but not always. This was never an issue with BT HH5 so the VR600 is the change that is causing the issue. Wireless is fine. Prioritising gaming is not a solution as if I should be able to get the same across all connected equipment and the issue of little/no speed is experienced before accessing any programs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 5