Deco M9 Plus Wifi Printer Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-13 20:43:43 - last edited 2020-08-25 09:14:01
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, New to mesh system here, Just setup my Deco M9 Plus and was Able to Connect a Dell E525w Printer via Wifi. Deco reconize the printer and assigned an IP for it. The printer works fine for the first 5 min when we reboot but after it falls into sleep mode, No devices are able to see the printer online or idle. I can't print or find the printer on any of devices (PC or Apple/Mac). When logged into the printer settings via webtool i notice Enable Airprint is grayed out.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Wifi Printer Issues
2020-08-14 12:45:32 - last edited 2020-08-25 09:14:01

@JZW 

Try to disable the Sleep Mode of your printer or check if there is any setting on the printer that makes it connect to the wireless automatically after being alive from the Sleep Mode.

Options
2020-08-14 13:53:46

@TP-Link_Deco 

There is no option to disable sleep mode, also on the deco app it shows that the printer is offline. I'm able to print from a PC or Mac when sending the print job to the assigned IP for the printer but unable to find the printer on mobile devices (Android/IOS).

Options
2020-08-14 15:39:02 - last edited 2020-08-14 15:39:27

I also just tried manually waking up the printer and the devices does not see this on the wifi network. devices only sees the printer on a full reboot for about 5 mins then it drops off the network.

Options
2020-08-18 02:54:56

@JZW 

Hello, can you confirm again the PC and MAC are connected to the Deco network by Ethernet connections? May I have the detailed network layout that how are the Deco M9s connected?

Can you still ping the printer's IP on mobile devices? Is the printer using a static IP address or dynamic IP?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-25 01:56:13 - last edited 2020-08-25 02:57:50

@TP-Link_Deco 

All device connected to the network through WiFi.  My set up for this network is a Verizon Fios Modem/Router with the WiFi disabled is connected to 1 of 3 Deco M9 Plus unit via wire. Then the other 2 deco M9 plus are connected via WiFi. The Printer has a static IP address (192.168.68.xxx). I could get into the printer's Webtool by entering the IP address on all devices (PC, Mac, Android Phone, IOS Phone). I've tried setting the Deco M9 Plus as a router and AP and it still wouldn't allow me to print from any devices. 

I didn't have any issues Printing on my old network setup which was Verizon Fios Modem/Router with WiFi Disabled connected to an Archer C7 via Wire connection, with Both WiFi Bands active. 

My Verizon Fios Modem/Router is Model G1100

My Printer is a Dell E525W connected Via WiFi with a static IP

Im running the latest Firmware on the Deco M9

I also like to point out that even though the printer is connected to the WiFi, the app shows that it's offline. 

Options
2020-08-25 02:52:53

Options
2020-08-25 09:23:24

@JZW 

Hello, thanks very much for all the detail.

Our engineer will email you if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Good day.

Options
2021-03-11 03:22:12

@JZW 

I just encountered the same issue.

Solution I have is related to the fact that TP-LInk DECO uses a different mask.

Printer and devices should be connected to the same "mask". I connected the printer with dynamic IP address to mesh network using deco ethernet port instead of the router ethernet port. Everything works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1735

Replies: 8

Related Articles