Archer regularly requires reboot to stay connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-13 23:49:50
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer VR600(AU)_V2_200624

Have to reboot to reconnect. Usually condition is shown by lights on modem, but sometimes even with all lights showing connection is not working. In that state windows is not showing a disconnect in network center. Connection is slow to establish when it does. I got excited when I found latest firmware, but things have not improved. Fitted my NetComm NF18ACV and all problems gone. They are both running off the same power supply. 

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer regularly requires reboot to stay connected
2020-08-14 05:48:29

@Smee 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

For your case, please help me check the following information:

1. How long did you have the router and when did the issue start?
  2. May I know who is your internet service provider and at the back the VR600, which port is connected to the internet service provider, DSL or LAN/WAN port
  3. If possible, can I have a picture of the status page (Advanced>status)when the internet is not working before reboot to get it back?
  4. And please also help me save the system log on the router?
  5. Since you mentioned, sometimes the lights would change when the internet dropped, may I know which one, the DSL or internet light?

Then please refer to the following suggestions to see if there is any improvement:

1. modify the wireless channels;https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2794/
  2. change the DNS on the modem;

Thank you~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 1

Related Articles