WIreless Router Restarting frequently TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WIreless Router Restarting frequently TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-14 06:47:29
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555)

Brought it a couple of weeks back Archer C6 (FW: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555) )

From day 1, the router is restarting 2 or 3 times daily.. I have connected the power adopter which came along with the box.

Options
3 Reply
Re:WIreless Router Restarting frequently TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router,
2020-08-18 10:05:31

@Vasavya 

Hello,

Please confirm what do you mean by router restarting, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

May I have your network layout, how is the C6 connected in your network?

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C6 WAN or PPPoE?

How many devices are connected to C6, wired, and wirelessly? 

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C6 to restart? What if you disable the Smart Connect feature on it?

Thanks a lot.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:WIreless Router Restarting frequently TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router,
2021-09-24 09:19:19
Yes!  the router is restarting, all the  LEDs are getting turned off and on. I just figured out that whenever a device is connected with a 5G band of this router it gets restarted. what could be the proper reason. PS - Thanks in advance also I can't turn off the 5g band as I purchased this router for that particular feature.
Options
2021-09-29 03:21:04
If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 3

Related Articles