Archer C7 unable to access internet as AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-14 20:30:53 - last edited 2020-08-18 10:25:55
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I have followed all the instructions (including videos) trying to setup this Modem as an Access Point.

I have successfully bridged many routers as AP's in the past.  I have wasted 5 hours in this device already today.  I am ready to return this device and seek a refund.  Shockingly limited configuration interface.

I can change the SSID without issue (including p/word).  I have also attempted to setup with a static IP.  At no point does the AC 1750 connect with my modem (Virgin Media 3.0 hub).

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer C7 unable to access internet as AP-Solution
2020-08-18 10:25:30 - last edited 2020-08-18 10:25:55

@Royoh 

Hello,

Please confirm some details and we will try to fix it:
1. What is the network layout, is it Virgin Media 3.0 hub-Archer C7 (AP mode)?
2. Refer to the below instructions to reconfigure the C7 to make it work an Access Point, and change its LAN IP address to that in the same IP subnet as your Virgin hub:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1384/ (Case 2)
3. Once this is finished, please confirm whether the devices connected to the wireless network of the C7 get a correct IP address, try to ping the main router and the internet:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

4. Ensure there are no special settings on your Virgin Media 3.0 hub that may block the C7 to connect, such as Access Control or MAC filtering.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-08-18 14:30:36 - last edited 2020-08-19 01:13:45

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your email.  I managed to resolve the issue.

I can confirm my network topology is a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 and Archer C7 in AP mode.

To resolve the issue I created two IP reservations on the VM hub for the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz MAC addresses.

I connected the archer C7 directly to the VM hub at a distance of no more than 1 metre.  Configured as per instructions.

Connected via HP 24 port 1 Gg switch.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2020-08-18 10:25:30 - last edited 2020-08-18 10:25:55

@Royoh 

Hello,

Please confirm some details and we will try to fix it:
1. What is the network layout, is it Virgin Media 3.0 hub-Archer C7 (AP mode)?
2. Refer to the below instructions to reconfigure the C7 to make it work an Access Point, and change its LAN IP address to that in the same IP subnet as your Virgin hub:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1384/ (Case 2)
3. Once this is finished, please confirm whether the devices connected to the wireless network of the C7 get a correct IP address, try to ping the main router and the internet:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

4. Ensure there are no special settings on your Virgin Media 3.0 hub that may block the C7 to connect, such as Access Control or MAC filtering.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-08-18 14:30:36 - last edited 2020-08-19 01:13:45

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your email.  I managed to resolve the issue.

I can confirm my network topology is a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 and Archer C7 in AP mode.

To resolve the issue I created two IP reservations on the VM hub for the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz MAC addresses.

I connected the archer C7 directly to the VM hub at a distance of no more than 1 metre.  Configured as per instructions.

Connected via HP 24 port 1 Gg switch.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C7 unable to access internet as AP
2020-08-19 01:13:39

@Royoh 

Hi Royoh, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 711

Replies: 3

Related Articles