M9+ Deco name mismatch between app and web GUI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-15 18:39:16 - last edited 2020-08-20 06:20:42
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200725 Rel. 65637

Hi, I just took the plunge and upgraded my set of 3 Deco M9+ V2 from firmware 1.2 to 1.4.0 using the Windows 10 upgrade tool, and then upgraded further to firmware 1.4.2 using the Deco App on my Iphone 8. All went well, no problems. Each upgrade took less than the upgrade tools indicated, it was all done in less than 3 minutes for each step. So that seems just fine.

I did the upgrade to get access to the web interface for the Deco M9+ router and that worked, but the functionality in the web GUI seems very limited indeed. I would expect to have all the controls as is currently available in the mobile app, but that does not seem to be the case. So my expectation is that this is improved.

I did find a bug in the Web GUI, it does not show the correct Deco unit names. In the mobile app, the main Deco is "Living Room" and the other two are "Basement" and "Study". But in the web GUI they show up as "living_room_1", "study_2" and "custom_3".  See the screenshots.

While this is not critical, it is a bug that shows that the Web GUI is not really well tested. So please update it to be equivalent to the mobile app.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:M9+ Deco name mismatch between app and web GUI-Solution
2020-08-20 06:20:23 - last edited 2020-08-20 06:20:42

@cacb 

Hello, thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Sorry that the features on the Web UI are currently quite limited and we will improve it in the future updates, please kindly wait.

As per the Deco device name display issue you reported, it is suggested to refresh the web UI and wait for a period of time as it seems it doesn't load up successfully.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:M9+ Deco name mismatch between app and web GUI-Solution
2020-08-20 06:20:23 - last edited 2020-08-20 06:20:42

@cacb 

Hello, thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Sorry that the features on the Web UI are currently quite limited and we will improve it in the future updates, please kindly wait.

As per the Deco device name display issue you reported, it is suggested to refresh the web UI and wait for a period of time as it seems it doesn't load up successfully.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:M9+ Deco name mismatch between app and web GUI
2020-08-20 16:04:23 - last edited 2020-08-20 16:05:59

@TP-Link_Deco Thank you for the feedback. Regarding the  Deco device name display issue it is not a huge problem, but it never fixes itself even after refresing and waiting. I am a software developer myself and I think I can explain what is happening. The "Living room" and "Study" names are predefined suggestions in the Deco App, but Basement is a custom name I defined. Custom names are not displayed properly in the web gui. Ok, not a very important problem though.

More important is that the screen layout in the web GUI is wasting a LOT of space, so the experience is very poor. I have a laptop with relatively poor screen resolution 1980x1020 and only the bottom 2/3 of the screen is usable because of the huge margin at top. Please make the whole page scrollable so also low resolution screens are usable.

I understand and respect that the WEB UI is very limited now, I am glad you have started to develop it. I will be waiting with interest to see it improve and hope the goal is to make all features available, same as mobile app. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 2