How to Reset TPLINK ADSL2+ Router ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-16 05:50:31 - last edited 2020-08-17 01:12:38
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have TP-Link TD-W8961ND ( https://www.tp-link.com/la/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/td-w8961nd/ ) Router.

I cannot access 192.168.1.1 , router configuration.

The router cannot be connected via wifi as the wifi light is not lit and wifi is not detecting. I am also not being able to connect it via RJ45 Lan cable. When I enter 192.168.1.1, it does not enter the router configuration.

I want to reset it. There is a hole behind it.

This is what I did.

1) Connected Power Adapter into it.

2) With a stick pressed the reset button for 30 seconds.

But nothing happened. 

How to access router configuration? Is an internet connection required to access router configuration?

How to reset my TPLINK ADSL+ Router?

Please help cry

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to Reset TPLINK ADSL2+ Router ?
2020-08-17 07:42:32

@Maddyboy 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

How long have you had the modem? And where are you located?

When the computer connected to the router by cable, may I know what the IP address is on the PC?

(Normally, we could log into the router via gateway)

Thank you!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-21 13:19:25

@Sunshine 

Been using it for 5 Years. From Kerala, India. When I plug power cord, Power, ADSL & Internet LED's are Lit solid. When I also plug Ethernet cable, Ethernet light is lit, but cannot access 192.168.1.1 .

Options
2020-08-21 13:48:24

@Sunshine 

When I connect RJ45 cable to my router. The Ethernet light blinks and then stabilises.

When I Ipconfig I get this.

There is no Wifi light when I power on, I have also tried to pus the button behind.

Options
2020-08-21 13:50:01
After plugging Power adapter only, I tried put a pin inside the reset hole and held it for 20 seconds. Nothing happened.
Options
2020-08-30 06:29:24

@Maddyboy 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

There must be something wrong with it.

Since it had already been out of warranty, you might need to get a new modem.

Thank you very much.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1604

Replies: 5

Related Articles