Archer c6 wifi speed problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-16 20:48:28 - last edited 2020-08-21 03:50:15
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hey there,i have a problem with my router.The wifi speed on my 5GHz band is 280dw and 300 up and in my 2.4 i have 100dw and 60 up.I have a 1gb/s fiberlink [FTTB, FTTH,FTTC.] but my wifi speed is nowhere close to 860/mbps..What should i change in my settings or what should i do?

Edit:I checked the wifi speed on s9+ phone!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer c6 wifi speed problem-Solution
2020-08-21 03:50:10 - last edited 2020-08-21 03:50:15

@Ciubuc112 

Hello, sorry to hear the speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. How did you test this speed via the router? Did you disconnect all the other devices from it and only leave this S9+ phone performing the test? How about the wireless negotiation speed on the S9+ phone? 

Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with a computer with a gigabit Ethernet adapter, and test the wired speed first.

2. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your phone or computer and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the C6 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz and 5GHz is 80MHz.

3. Please disable QoS on the C6 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

Additionally, please refer to the instruction below to narrow down the issue. 

What should I do if internet speed is slow when the device is connected to the TP-Link router?

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer c6 wifi speed problem-Solution
2020-08-21 03:50:10 - last edited 2020-08-21 03:50:15

@Ciubuc112 

Hello, sorry to hear the speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. How did you test this speed via the router? Did you disconnect all the other devices from it and only leave this S9+ phone performing the test? How about the wireless negotiation speed on the S9+ phone? 

Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with a computer with a gigabit Ethernet adapter, and test the wired speed first.

2. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your phone or computer and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the C6 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz and 5GHz is 80MHz.

3. Please disable QoS on the C6 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

Additionally, please refer to the instruction below to narrow down the issue. 

What should I do if internet speed is slow when the device is connected to the TP-Link router?

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer c6 wifi speed problem
2020-08-21 20:30:49 - last edited 2020-08-21 20:46:13

@Kevin_Z 

1.Yes,no1 was using the network when i was running the speed and my phone got 5 bars connection on 5GHz bar

+Today i got on my pc by wired connection 900Mbps [on speedtest app]  while watching on a stream platfrom!

P.S. : I run the test while i was using network on my pc and was the same speed as without any devices connected!!!

2.Yes i tested it on speed test app on my phone.With  80 MHz on 5GHz it got me to 450 dw and 300 up[i pick the high score from 3 tests]

3.I dont have QoS turned on!So i need to  Backup & Restore or Reboot my pc to get it to the factory defaults?

P.S. : Now after some time it goes down to 300 mbps up and dw again....

Options
Re:Archer c6 wifi speed problem
2020-08-26 01:47:48

@Ciubuc112 

Hello,

It is not suggested to backup and imports the configuration files into the router again after the factory reset, what we need to confirm is whether the router speed will be normal when it just connects to the internet without any other special settings as we both not sure if there is.

BTW, ensure the firmware of your C6 is running the latest firmware, which can be confirmed in its status page. If the firmware is not the latest, update it first, then reset to the factory defaults and reconfigure to connect to the internet.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3235

Replies: 3

Related Articles