TP Link Router Archer A6 is getting frequently Rebooted.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-17 06:00:57 - last edited 2020-08-21 06:46:18
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515

Hello All,

Good morning,

i bought my Archer A6 router on May,2020. for first few months it was good. But from August onwards my Router is getting Frequently rebooting. I contacted my ISP (RAilwire india) he said from Our side the ONU unit was good. You need to contact Tp-link for the further issue in Router.

Kindly please check and revert back immediately. i bought the Router on Amazon india.

Model : Archer A6(US)

File:
syslog-2020-08-17.logDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link Router Archer A6 is getting frequently Rebooted. -Solution
2020-08-21 06:45:48 - last edited 2020-08-21 06:46:18

@bhas_logesh 

Hello, thanks for the log file but sorry there is no much info in it as the A6 seems rebooted and cleared the previous log.

When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

May I have your network layout, how is the A6 connected in your network?

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the A6 WAN or PPPoE?

How many devices are connected to A6, wired, and wirelessly? 

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the A6 to restart? What if you disable the Smart Connect feature on it?

Is it the original power adapter on the A6? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electricity devices in your house, are they stable?

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:TP Link Router Archer A6 is getting frequently Rebooted. -Solution
2020-08-21 06:45:48 - last edited 2020-08-21 06:46:18

@bhas_logesh 

Hello, thanks for the log file but sorry there is no much info in it as the A6 seems rebooted and cleared the previous log.

When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the A6 WAN or PPPoE?

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the A6 to restart? What if you disable the Smart Connect feature on it?

Is it the original power adapter on the A6? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electricity devices in your house, are they stable?

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP Link Router Archer A6 is getting frequently Rebooted.
2020-08-21 14:42:40 - last edited 2020-08-21 14:43:49

@Kevin_Z 

@bhas_logesh :  yes. 

@bhas_logesh : From ONU Unit (Railwire India) it has been connected to the Internet Port of the A6. Then i am using the WIFI.

@bhas_logesh : ISP : Railwire(India). My ONU/mmodem is Provided my ISP & It is PPPoE

@bhas_logesh : Around 6 to 7 devices connected to WIFI network of A6

@bhas_logesh : Nothing Like that.

@bhas_logesh : Yes using originak power adapter only. Other devices are stable only.

@Kevin_Z : I have order A6 model in Amazon india.

But why i am received . Archer A6(US) model.

in india whether the A6 (US Model) will work. or only A6(EU version ) will work.

How to rectify my issue ??

Options
2020-08-26 01:38:08

@bhas_logesh 

Hello, generally both the US version and EU version should be OK when working in your region.

It is suggested to contact the local tech support to request an RMA since it seems faulty:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good day. 

Options
2021-02-14 10:20:36

@Kevin_Z

Hi, I have the exact same issue like bhas_logesh 

As this version starts to have the intermittent reset issue, I dare not upgrade to any latest version of firmware. By the way, my WiFi speed also drops.

May I know if you have found any solution? Thank you. Regards.

Options
2021-02-18 11:18:13

@M_A6USV2.1 

It is suggested to upgrade to the latest official firmware if you are experiencing an issue with the current firmware, we will work it out if the issue persists.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 5