Slow 2.4ghz band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow 2.4ghz band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow 2.4ghz band
Slow 2.4ghz band
2020-08-17 14:31:49 - last edited 2020-08-18 08:45:06
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Good day all,

I've been having a problem with my 2.4ghz band not being able to even reach a proper 70mbps despite having a 100mbps line. The 5ghz band works fine. I've tried everything I can think of, factory resetting about 4 times already, messing with settings and moving the location of the router. Nothing seems to work. At best, my network speed says 98mbps but only gives around 75mbps on the test. I've got an older zyxel router which has no problem of reaching 100mbps on the 2.4ghz band. Any ideas what could be the problem or what could be done to mitigate the issue, thanks. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slow 2.4ghz band -Solution
2020-08-18 08:44:47 - last edited 2020-08-18 08:45:06

@Charles69 

Hello,

As for the 2.4GHz wireless speed issue you reported, please help confirm below:

1. What kind of devices are connected to the 2.4GHz wireless? How about the link speed on it when the speed drops? If it is a computer, you may check it like below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another computer with a more powerful wireless adapter. BTW, tell us the model number of that wireless adapter that runs on your computer.

2. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your computer and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the AX20 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz.

3. Please disable QoS on the AX20 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow 2.4ghz band -Solution
2020-08-18 08:44:47 - last edited 2020-08-18 08:45:06

@Charles69 

Hello,

As for the 2.4GHz wireless speed issue you reported, please help confirm below:

1. What kind of devices are connected to the 2.4GHz wireless? How about the link speed on it when the speed drops? If it is a computer, you may check it like below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another computer with a more powerful wireless adapter. BTW, tell us the model number of that wireless adapter that runs on your computer.

2. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your computer and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the AX20 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz.

3. Please disable QoS on the AX20 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1588

Replies: 1

Related Articles