Deco M9 and PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 and PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 and PS4
Deco M9 and PS4
2020-08-18 08:16:36 - last edited 2020-08-21 12:09:58
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm using the M9 Deco plus without any issues except for my PS4.

Often it works without problem but sometimes, without reason, the PS4 losses connection, the Deco blinks red.

After 1-2 minutes the connection is restored again. it's quite frustrating when playing online.

It is not happening after an certain period of time it sometimes just happens.

I've tried to connect through an LAN-cable and Wireless, it doesn't matter.

It's only the PS4 having this issues, none of the other devices in my home.

Does anybody have an solution?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 and PS4
2020-08-25 05:43:25

@RemcoD 

Hello, please help confirm some details and we can try to fix it together. 

1. What is the current network diagram? How many Deco M9s in your network? How are they connected?

2. Do you mean the LED on the Deco M9 will blink red when the PS4 loses the connection? How about other devices connected in the network, are they experience the disconnection issue? Generally, if the LED on the Deco M9 blinks red, it means the internet connection on it is broken, and there won't be internet access if a device is connected to the Deco network.

3. What if you leave the PS4 disconnected from the Deco network, will there be an issue?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-25 07:35:29

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, please find me answer below in red.

1. What is the current network diagram? How many Deco M9s in your network? How are they connected? In total 3 Deco M9s, they are connected wireless

2. Do you mean the LED on the Deco M9 will blink red when the PS4 loses the connection? How about other devices connected in the network, are they experience the disconnection issue? Generally, if the LED on the Deco M9 blinks red, it means the internet connection on it is broken, and there won't be internet access if a device is connected to the Deco network. Yes, the Deco closest to the PS4 is blinking red, no other devices are impacted. It also restores it connection after a short period automatically.

3. What if you leave the PS4 disconnected from the Deco network, will there be an issue? No, no problem at all. As long is the PS4 is off. Sometimes it loses connection other times it is stable.

Options
2020-09-08 07:53:57

@RemcoD 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

Try to disable fast roaming on the Deco system, and ensure there is no IP conflict in the local network. Is the PS4 using a static IP address? If yes, try to change its IP address to another one to give it a shot.

As I mentioned earlier, is the LED on the Deco M9 is flashing red, that means that Deco M9 is disconnected from the Deco network, can you confirm again are other devices connected to it can still get internet access? Or there are no other devices connected to it?

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 953

Replies: 3

Related Articles