Archer C5 disconnection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-19 13:25:58 - last edited 2020-08-21 08:03:11

I recently purchased a TP-LINK Archer C5 AC1200 Dual Band router, and can't get the WiFi working continuously. No matter what configuration I use, the WiFi gets dropped after 8-10 minutes. The power and signal on the router are green but am not able to see the WiFi name on any devices (including the LAN). When I restart the router it starts again, runs well for 10 mins and disappears again. 

I was trying to see in the forums and similar issues were reported but did not see a solution/I may have missed. I tried to do a firmware upgrade but the signal does last long enough to stay connected.Even the dropdown for Model Number does not appear in the window above. 

Am using ACT in Chennai and the Netgear router that I was using earlier was working fine. I just needed more devices to connect. 

Am I missing anything? Or is the router bad?

Regards,

Anand

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C5 disconnection issues-Solution
2020-08-21 08:02:54 - last edited 2020-08-21 08:03:11

@AnandRao 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

When the internet drops on the C5, does it show WAN port unplugged or any error on its web interface status page? Is the Internet LED orange or green?

Ensure the cable between the C5 and your ISP modem is good, try with another cat5e or cat6 cable if necessary.

If this makes no difference, please send us the whole system log on the C5 showing this connect-disconnect issue, don't reboot the router, otherwise, we may not find any info in the log, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5 disconnection issues-Solution
2020-08-21 08:02:54 - last edited 2020-08-21 08:03:11

@AnandRao 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

When the internet drops on the C5, does it show WAN port unplugged or any error on its web interface status page? Is the Internet LED orange or green?

Ensure the cable between the C5 and your ISP modem is good, try with another cat5e or cat6 cable if necessary.

If this makes no difference, please send us the whole system log on the C5 showing this connect-disconnect issue, don't reboot the router, otherwise, we may not find any info in the log, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1207

Replies: 1

Related Articles