Range extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Range extenders
Range extenders
2020-08-20 07:45:01 - last edited 2020-08-24 07:08:50
Model: TL-WR841N_EU  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have connected one tp link to my hauwei wireless router and it works fine, but I am unable to connect the 2nd.i have tried connecting to it and following the instructions on tether but it can't find it. The centre light stays flashing orange the whole time. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Range extenders-Solution
2020-08-24 07:08:45 - last edited 2020-08-24 07:08:50

@CEN 

Hello,

May I confirm what is the detailed network diagram that how are these two WR841N connected to the HUAWEI router? Are they both connected to the HUAWEI router with Ethernet cables or by wireless?

Please be aware that we don't suggest you connect the two WR841N wirelessly in a daisy chain, which may have unstable wireless issues or you may have a speed issue when connecting to the 2nd WR841N.

If you want to connect both WR840N to the HUAWEI router with Ethernet cables, you may reconfigure them into Access Point mode as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/   (Case 2)

BTW, what is the model number of your HUAWEI router? Ensure the internet is working fine when you connect more than one device to it.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Range extenders-Solution
2020-08-24 07:08:45 - last edited 2020-08-24 07:08:50

@CEN 

Hello,

May I confirm what is the detailed network diagram that how are these two WR841N connected to the HUAWEI router? Are they both connected to the HUAWEI router with Ethernet cables or by wireless?

Please be aware that we don't suggest you connect the two WR841N wirelessly in a daisy chain, which may have unstable wireless issues or you may have a speed issue when connecting to the 2nd WR841N.

If you want to connect both WR840N to the HUAWEI router with Ethernet cables, you may reconfigure them into Access Point mode as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/   (Case 2)

BTW, what is the model number of your HUAWEI router? Ensure the internet is working fine when you connect more than one device to it.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 174

Replies: 1

Related Articles