Slower speed when connected to the router (Archer A7)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-21 14:26:49 - last edited 2020-08-24 07:53:23
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(4555)

This is the speed I'm getting when I plug the cable right in the PC, no Router:

And this is the speed I'm getting when I'm using the router: 

Might not seem like a big issue but sometimes it even dips to 600 download. Tried disabling Wi-fi, no improvement. Tried on 2 different PCs on the same network, different ethernet cables, same results.

I'm using the latest firmware.

Also when I'm doing a speedtest and I'm checking the local administration page it seems the CPU usage goes to 100% everytime I'm doing that.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slower speed when connected to the router (Archer A7)-Solution
2020-08-24 07:53:00 - last edited 2020-08-24 07:53:23

@BogdanM 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP and what is the current network topology/layout? 

When performing the speedtests, make sure you don’t have background programs hogging too much bandwidth, such as downloading files, watching movies, streaming videos, and any other applications.

And please confirm the wired negotiation speed on the computer when connected to the A7 with an Ethernet cable: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/.

Can you try to factory reset the A7 and leave it in the factory default mode and set up the internet connection on it (DON'T enable any other advanced settings), then plug the computer to its LAN port with a cat5e or cat6 cable and run the speedtest again to confirm it?

As per the CPU issue, can you please confirm if it shows 100% every time when you are running the speedtest or is there any other scenario that can reproduce this issue? Can I also have a screenshot of it?

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Slower speed when connected to the router (Archer A7)-Solution
2020-08-24 07:53:00 - last edited 2020-08-24 07:53:23

@BogdanM 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP and what is the current network topology/layout? 

When performing the speedtests, make sure you don’t have background programs hogging too much bandwidth, such as downloading files, watching movies, streaming videos, and any other applications.

And please confirm the wired negotiation speed on the computer when connected to the A7 with an Ethernet cable: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/.

Can you try to factory reset the A7 and leave it in the factory default mode and set up the internet connection on it (DON'T enable any other advanced settings), then plug the computer to its LAN port with a cat5e or cat6 cable and run the speedtest again to confirm it?

As per the CPU issue, can you please confirm if it shows 100% every time when you are running the speedtest or is there any other scenario that can reproduce this issue? Can I also have a screenshot of it?

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options