Cannot find my QNAP Nas after setup of Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-21 19:51:08 - last edited 2020-08-27 02:55:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys, I have the following setup. I cannot find my NAS and the Deco App cannot locate my NAS IP address. I had set my NAS to static IP. Can anyone help me out? Thank you very much

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot find my QNAP Nas after setup of Deco M5-Solution
2020-08-27 02:55:22 - last edited 2020-08-27 02:55:38

@Paladin776 

Hi,

As per your layout, the main Deco and the NAS are connected to the front-end modem/router, thus they belong to two different networks and the devices in the Deco network won't see the NAS.

You may connect the NAS to the main Deco M5 and you should be able to see it on the client.

Or, you can try to do a port forwarding or DMZ on the front-end modem/router to allow the NAS to be accessed from an outside network.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot find my QNAP Nas after setup of Deco M5-Solution
2020-08-27 02:55:22 - last edited 2020-08-27 02:55:38

@Paladin776 

Hi,

As per your layout, the main Deco and the NAS are connected to the front-end modem/router, thus they belong to two different networks and the devices in the Deco network won't see the NAS.

You may connect the NAS to the main Deco M5 and you should be able to see it on the client.

Or, you can try to do a port forwarding or DMZ on the front-end modem/router to allow the NAS to be accessed from an outside network.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1487

Replies: 1

Related Articles