Deco M5 loose connection when switching

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-22 00:10:01 - last edited 2020-08-27 02:41:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.7

Every time I move from one room to another I get disconnected. It takes 3 to 5 seconds to get reconnected.

I have three stations (Deco). They work perfectly without any problems if I'm In the same room. The problem only happens if I move from one room to another. It just loose connection. 

Each Deco is very close to each other. We are on the same floor. Deco 1 is just 5 meter away from Deco 2. Deco 2 & 3 are just 2 meters apart.

The fast Roaming is on. I have reset and reinstalled or did setting twice but problems resits.

it was never like this before.  Being using for a year. Just happened a month ago.

Any idea

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Deco M5 loose connection when switching -Solution
2020-08-27 02:41:04 - last edited 2020-08-27 02:41:19

@AddyOnline 

1. Are all the Deco M5 connected to each other wirelessly?

2. What kind of device will lose the connection when moving? Are there some specific devices or all of the wireless clients have the same issue?

3. Ensure the firmware of the Deco M5 is up-to-date. 

4. Try to disable Fast Roaming and Mesh on the Deco app to give it a shot.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-02 01:44:09 - last edited 2020-10-04 07:39:45

@AddyOnline 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
2020-08-27 02:41:04 - last edited 2020-08-27 02:41:19

@AddyOnline 

1. Are all the Deco M5 connected to each other wirelessly?

2. What kind of device will lose the connection when moving? Are there some specific devices or all of the wireless clients have the same issue?

3. Ensure the firmware of the Deco M5 is up-to-date. 

4. Try to disable Fast Roaming and Mesh on the Deco app to give it a shot.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 loose connection when switching
2020-08-27 09:36:58
Dear Sir Answering your question 1. Are all the Deco M5 connected to each other wirelessly? Yes - all of them are in different room and wireless 2. What kind of device will lose the connection when moving? Are there some specific devices or all of the wireless clients have the same issue? Mobile - this happens on Mobiles. I have Huawei and Note 8. This happens when we are making VOIP Calls like WhatsApp or Messenger, ZOOM. The disconnection happens mostly during call when i move from one room to another room. 3. Ensure the firmware of the Deco M5 is up-to-date. They are updated. 4. Try to disable Fast Roaming and Mesh on the Deco app to give it a shot. I only have FAST Roaming option and not the MESH. I did disable and still same problem. Please NOTE - I am using Deco since 2019 and I face this issue three month ago in May/June. I am not sure whether this has anything to do with your Updates.
Options
2020-08-27 23:20:36

@TP-Link_Deco 

Just to add. I noticed that it simply gets disconnected whether its Voip or Internet. 

Options
2020-08-31 11:43:58

@AddyOnline 

Hi, thanks a lot for all the details.

When you are moving from one room to another and the voice call drops, can you confirm your phone is switching from one Deco node to the other? You may check this on your Deco app. If your phone is roaming between the Decos, I'm afraid that is normal that you sometimes can notice these small drops when using voice calls as it is real-time.

However, do you mean you never encounter this issue before the Deco firmware update? Do you remember the old version? Please also confirm if there aren't any other changes in your network, including your phone, thanks.

Options
2020-09-01 11:35:16

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for your reply. Yes when I move from room to room.. it is switching the NODE...but it takes 5 seconds to reconnect. I noticed that not only for VOIP Calls but generally I loose my internet connections and it takes 5 seconds. 

5 second is too much. 

I have checked with Fast Roaming ON and OFF... both has same respond.

Yes, after June's update I noticed this problem. Prior to this that is from April 2019 till May/June 2020 or updates - I have noticed this problems.

Otherwise it was seamliness and so smooth. I never noticed my call to DROP.  Before there used to be like I am not able to hear or my voice is getting lagg...but this time. Calls DROPPED. I need to connect again

Warm Regards 

Options
2020-09-02 01:44:09 - last edited 2020-10-04 07:39:45

@AddyOnline 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-25 11:54:49
Dear It has been concluded that the device needs to be replaced. Unfortunately your Saudi Agents aren't helpful at all. I am surprised because TP is international brand. All i need is instruction from Head Office to your agent to replace it. Phillips has done this with my shaver and I can give you few other examples. Is there any manager who I can talk to ?
Options
2020-10-10 05:46:16

@AddyOnline 

Hello,

Sorry to mention again that TP-Link does not implement global RMA, in other words, if the TP-Link device was purchased in one country and is used in another, it is only covered by the warranty policy of the country where the product is purchased from. in your case, you bought the Deco M5 in Singapore, so the warranty is based on the policy in Singapore. If you want to replace it, you need to contact the retailer/shop where you originally purchased the product from. Here is the warranty policy in Singapore:

https://www.tp-link.com/sg/support/replacement-warranty/

Apologies for any inconvenience caused again but we hope you could understand it. Good days.

Options
2020-10-10 14:17:28

@TP-Link_Deco 

So basically I lost my money. 

Sir, I think it is unfair. I purchased something and less a year it went bad. The shopkeeper told me that TP has international warranty. 

Tell me something, is it possible to ship a new piece to my brother who lives in Singapore. 

Options
2020-10-13 05:43:21

@AddyOnline 

Hi, sorry about that. According to the local warranty, you need to ship the faulty units back to the shop and the shop then give you the replacement. You can try to contact the shopkeeper who told you that TP has an international warranty to see if they can help with it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1232

Replies: 12