C20 archer. Not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C20 archer. Not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C20 archer. Not working.
C20 archer. Not working.
2020-08-22 04:05:23 - last edited 2020-08-23 05:15:25
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi All, Iam a home user. And have been using Archer C20 for some 8 months now with my broadband connection ( 100 Mbps) and use it for netstreaming services on 2 Smart TVs, use 1 laptop for office work basic , and have 2 smart phones connected for generic use. I was using this with satisfaction till a week back. My connecting outdoor wire got spoiled due to weather conditions ( rains). I had to change the cable while doing so I changed the existing cat 5 to cat 6. And thought it should work great! 

But as the connection was restored, within 3-4 hrs my devices stopped detecting the wireless network. As I checked the router. Only power led was constantly on, while extreme right led (broadband connection) was green but blinking very very rapidly. No other lights are on. Also, in regular intervals of less than a minute both lights will go off and all lights will come back for a sec or so. Then again the 2 lights will be on as explained earlier.

I had tried resetting the device but the result is same. Please suggest - does this mean the router is bad and needs replacement. Or is there a way to restore it for normal functioning?

And any idea, if such faults are under warranty, is replacement possible? Iam in Delhi, India.

I would request the knowledgeable members to please guide. Your prompt support is highly appreciated.

PS- I have checked the broadband thru direct connevtion on my laptop, it's woeking fine.

Options
1 Reply
Re:C20 archer. Not working.
2020-08-23 15:36:16

@AmitK kinda same thing is happening with me i recently bought this router and not the speed is getting drop like never before i had to keep restarting the device to get it to normal speed again and not even that is not working and also the red light which is supposed to glow when there is no internet is also not changing it is staying at yellow and it was happening from the day 1 I bought that 
@tplink please help !!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 496

Replies: 1

Related Articles