Router switches off after a minute

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-22 07:45:46 - last edited 2020-08-24 08:13:41
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1

The power LED turns on as soon as I plug the adapter in the socket. But after about 30 seconds, the power LED starts blinking. Another 30 seconds later it just switches off and I can't turn it on using the power button. 

I tried connecting it to a different socket, didn't make a difference. I tried to hard reset it using the button, but that's not happening either. It switches off even before I can access the internet. 

Any suggestions? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router switches off after a minute-Solution
2020-08-24 08:13:25 - last edited 2020-08-24 08:13:41

@SuryaN 

Hello,

Do you still use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it behaves abnormally? 

Try to hard reset it one more time by holding the reset button or hole for 10s.

When and where did you buy this also? If nothing can make it power on correctly, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Sorry about that.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Router switches off after a minute-Solution
2020-08-24 08:13:25 - last edited 2020-08-24 08:13:41

@SuryaN 

Hello,

Do you still use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it behaves abnormally? 

Try to hard reset it one more time by holding the reset button or hole for 10s.

When and where did you buy this also? If nothing can make it power on correctly, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Sorry about that.

Recommended Solution
Options