Kasa app and Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa app and Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa app and Alexa
Kasa app and Alexa
2020-08-22 12:55:51 - last edited 2020-08-26 09:50:01

I have a few HS100/HS110 plugs all work fine in Kasa app on Android phone and have done for over a year. Kasa says firmware is up to date on all plugs. I created a very simple Scene called "ALL OFF" and use the widget to switch off all 6 plugs simultaneously. The Scene works.

I've now installed an Echo Plus and Alexa app. I can say "Alexa Plug One on" or "Alexa Plug One off" for example and can turn on/off that or any other named plug by voice. So far so good.

What I can't work out is how to use the Kasa Scenes in Alexa. The Scenes I have created are listed in Alexa app but I don't know what to say to tell Alexa to switch ALL OFF. If I say "Alexa scene all off" I just get back "all off doesn't support that".

Is there a guide to using Kasa Scenes in Alexa?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa app and Alexa-Solution
2020-08-26 09:43:05 - last edited 2020-08-26 09:50:01

@ccseas 

Good day.

Have you ever tried to set up a group on the Alexa so that you could turn off all plugs as a group?

Thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa app and Alexa-Solution
2020-08-26 09:43:05 - last edited 2020-08-26 09:50:01

@ccseas 

Good day.

Have you ever tried to set up a group on the Alexa so that you could turn off all plugs as a group?

Thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Kasa app and Alexa
2020-08-26 15:10:56

@Brook of course I could try what you suggest..

But your reply doesn't address the issue.

Which is that Alexa automagically imported 6 devices (plugs) and 2 Scenes from the Kasa app.

If Alexa cannot use the Scenes yet the tp-link Kasa skill allows them to be imported by Alexa then that implies there is a bug in the tp-link Kasa skill code.

Before I leave a review about the  skill I wanted to make sure what I say is correct.

Anyone actually got this to work as described in OP?

Options
Re:Kasa app and Alexa
2021-11-20 11:58:13
Options