Cannot access nas from wired network but with wifi yes (Archer D7)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-22 18:17:24 - last edited 2020-08-24 06:55:59
Model: Archer D7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v002d.0 Build 160216

Hello. I please need help to understand one problem that is driving me crazy.
I have at home a lan network and recently i had to change router, so i put one that i already had: an Archer D7 from tp-linlk with the last firmware.
When i changed router, i had to change also position to it, so i arranged cables to make little order in that room.

The router is set to "Wireless Router Mode" and in its WAN port has antenna from my provider (Eolo).

I have a buffalo linkstation connected with cable to router. I has smb 2.0 enabled.
I have an old HP desktp PC with windows 10 freshly installed (it had Windows 7 but when i updated it hoping to solve this problem) and my laptop with windows 10 too. The dekstop pc is connected with cable.

From both pc if i type \\nas\ (or the ip 192.168.2.6), i type username and password and then:
- using Wifi (integrated on my laptop, with an usb dongle on pc desktop) i can see folders and i can browse them
- using wired connection, after insert my credentials (correct) i can see only 1st level of shared folders, but i can't browse them. 
  it stays there long time without any error but "working" cursors. If i switch to wifi, it enters inside folders.

Here everything i tried:

• change cable
  • change port on router
  • set static address without DHCP
  • update pc desktop to windows 10
  • change the rj connectors to nas and dekstop cables
  • leave connected only the nas and 1 pc
  • tried with my laptop (as i noticed the problem on my desktop pc, so i tried with my laptop)
  • disable wifi guest network on router
  • disable smb 1 on pc
  • disable ipv6 on pc
  • uninstall and reinstall network adapter on 
  • disable windows firewall and defender (i still have not installed any antivirus)
  • change dns server to 192.168.2.1 and 8.8.8.8
  • access with ip instead of nas' name
  • allow everything in advanced sharing center for all profiles
  • sharing a folder from my laptop it is accessible from the desktop one (it works)
  • on nas share a folder browsable by anyone (i can't go inside it)

I finished ideas about what problem can be and what to do.

If you please have any suggestion i will appreciate it.

Thank you very much
Have a nice day

Options
6 Reply
Re:Cannot access nas from wired network but with wifi yes (Archer D7)
2020-08-23 07:01:48 - last edited 2020-08-24 06:55:59

I noticed that if i unplug the cable that connects the Antenna to the router (into WAN port), everything works fine. Now i must understand what to do 

Options
2020-08-25 08:24:10

@SaganTheBest 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Since this is the first time we had this feedback, we would like to report it to our engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, may I know how long have you had the router?

Thank you very much!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-25 09:42:55

Good day to you @Sunshine .

Thank you for your answer.

I have this router from long time. I bought on the 27th of november 2015. 

Before i used it to another flat where i had Internet through phone cable and the problem above there wasn't.

Now that i have internet through WAN, i have this problem. On the next weekend i will try to configure another router to see if i have the same problem.

Options
2020-08-30 02:30:57

@SaganTheBest 

Good day.

Thank you for your time and patience.

After you have tried another router, was the situation the same as before?

Thank you very much.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-30 08:38:59

Good morning @Sunshine .

I just tried to connect the old router (a cheap D-Link DIR-657/B), internet antenna and all lan cables and it works fine: i can connect to my nas with cable connection. If i put back the Archer D7 router, without turning off pc / nas, again i can't connect. I try to post some screenshot hoping that i made a bad configuration.

thank you very much 

Options
2020-09-30 05:54:26

Good morning @Sunshine 

It's been a while since i have this problem and i can't figure out how to solve it.

Did the engineers find any workaround or problem about my case? Is only my router or someone else reported the problem? Can a reset to fabric solve the problem?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Have a nice day

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 792

Replies: 6

Related Articles