OpenVpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OpenVpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OpenVpn
OpenVpn
2020-08-23 05:51:15 - last edited 2020-08-26 07:02:58
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hey Guys,

Here I encounter some problems on setting the openvpn. When I connect using home wifi the VPN work flawless but when using the mobile data. The vpn failed to reach the tplink VPN. Any suggestion or resources that can help to solve this problem?

Thank You

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OpenVpn-Solution
2020-08-26 07:02:53 - last edited 2020-08-26 07:02:58

@Ryhs 

Hello, 

Please help verify some details and we will try to figure it out:
1. Kindly check the below VPN setup instructions again to confirm all the settings on the C6 are correct:
How to use OpenVPN to access your home network through the Wi-Fi Routers
BTW, please also provide us your network topology.
2. If the above guide doesn't help, please tell us what is the WAN IP address of the C6 and it is suggested to configure the DDNS:
How to set up TP-LINK DDNS on TP-Link Wireless Router?
3. Please check the VPN Tunnel: login the web interface, and on the VPN Server-> VPN Connections, we can see the status of the VPN Server, confirm if there is a VPN connection enabled. If not, which means the VPN setup is not successful.
4. Check the Firewall and Anti-Virus software on the server: generally, Windows Firewall would block the packages from the VPN Client, disabling the firewall on Windows PC for "public" and "private" network will be helpful. Windows Firewall is located at "Control panel->System and Security->Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall".

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:OpenVpn-Solution
2020-08-26 07:02:53 - last edited 2020-08-26 07:02:58

@Ryhs 

Hello, 

Please help verify some details and we will try to figure it out:
1. Kindly check the below VPN setup instructions again to confirm all the settings on the C6 are correct:
How to use OpenVPN to access your home network through the Wi-Fi Routers
BTW, please also provide us your network topology.
2. If the above guide doesn't help, please tell us what is the WAN IP address of the C6 and it is suggested to configure the DDNS:
How to set up TP-LINK DDNS on TP-Link Wireless Router?
3. Please check the VPN Tunnel: login the web interface, and on the VPN Server-> VPN Connections, we can see the status of the VPN Server, confirm if there is a VPN connection enabled. If not, which means the VPN setup is not successful.
4. Check the Firewall and Anti-Virus software on the server: generally, Windows Firewall would block the packages from the VPN Client, disabling the firewall on Windows PC for "public" and "private" network will be helpful. Windows Firewall is located at "Control panel->System and Security->Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall".

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:OpenVpn
2020-08-28 06:15:44

@Kevin_Z  

Hi, as I follow the intrusctions list. Seem like I still facing the problem to access the openvpn. Do I really need to set the DDNS? I dont think turned off the firewall is a great idea

Thank You

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 472

Replies: 2

Related Articles