Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer
2021-06-20 20:40:39
I meant to say the PING works when I connect my laptop to Ethernet
Options
2021-06-20 20:57:46

@Mackem 

Unfortunately, it was never resolved for more... Since this was the second time I had an issue with a TP-Link router, I decided to return the router since I was within the return window.

Options
2021-06-21 02:57:32

@vmrao 

Is the model of the router Archer AX50 or AX3000? Is it working as a Router or an Access Point? Are the laptop and phone connecting to the 2.4G or 5G?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-22 01:21:33

@Kevin_Z 

It is Archer AX3000. It is working as a router. The laptop and phone are on 5GHz.

File:
IMG_4589.jpgDownload
Options
2021-06-22 01:50:48

@vmrao 

If I connect my laptop to the Ethernet port and then switch back to 5GHz the ping to an Ethernet device works for a short time on the 5GHz connection. 

Options
2021-07-26 15:23:34

@vmrao 

After a few remote debugging sessions with Tassy Wu from the tp-link technical support team and others from the R&D team, the problem was caused by my Brother HL-2280DW Ethernet printer and my TP-Link RE220 (which was being used as an AP and connected over Ethernet to the AX50 router in another room). Since the router was under warranty, I was asked to return my router and offered the newer AX73 for an additional shipping fee and that solved the problem. I appreciate the tp-link team's help to resolve this problem.

Options