RE650 Tp-link Extender unable to detect 5GHz suddenly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-23 12:13:00

I purchased a tp-link extender recently. Model: RE650 (AC2600 Dual Band). During the setup, the extender was unable to connect to the 5GHz band using WPS directly. It was able to connect to 2.4GHz. Hence, I reset it and set it up from the browser successfully for both 2GHz and 5GHz bandwidth. The LED for both the bands showed up. I used the extender successfully for a few days. All of a sudden, the extender stopped detecting the 5GHz band and that light stopped showing up. I did a resest to the extender again and tried the setup once again using the browser but now the 5GHz band isn't getting detected. I tried scanning/directly entering the SSID's but nothing works. The 2.4GHz one shows up but not the 5GHz. If I try connecting to the 5GHz from the laptop/mobile it works fine but the extender isn't detecting it anymore. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE650 Tp-link Extender unable to detect 5GHz suddenly
2020-08-24 03:15:16

@SAP 

Good day.

May I know the model number of your main router?

When you set up the 5ghz host network, except the 5ghz of the main router, is the RE650 able to detect other 5ghz network?

Please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Change the 5ghz advanced settings on the main router, such as channel 40, channel width 40mhz;

If still no difference, please enable the 5ghz mobile hotspot on the smartphone to see if it is detected by the RE650?

Thank you!

Options