Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router is giving very low speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-23 16:15:37 - last edited 2020-08-26 06:37:56
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0

I have bought this router from amazon one month ago, the connection light on the router which is supposed to be orange when there is no connection has never functioned it never change even if there is no connection it stays yellow-ish not orange. Now as the router was giving me good up and down speed of 18mbps and 12mbps as I am having a 20mbps connection so I was happy. But it's been 3 weeks now the router is not working properly the speed has dropped drasticly, i have checked other routers with same connection speed and they give like 11mbps where mine gives 3mbps so there is no problem with isp now I haven't updated to latest firmware because of bricking problems. Please @tplink help !!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router is giving very low speed -Solution
2020-08-26 06:37:33 - last edited 2020-08-26 06:37:56

@S.chatterjee 

Hello,

3M is the wired speed when your computer is connected to the C20 or the wireless speed?

Who is your internet service provider and what is the current network topology? 

Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the C20 directly and to test the speed for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

Meanwhile, please check the speed by connecting the same computer to the modem directly so that we can do a comparative analysis.

Please ensure that the current firmware is up to date. And change another wired cable to connect the router and modem, like cat 5e or above.

You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re: Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router is giving very low speed -Solution
2020-08-26 06:37:33 - last edited 2020-08-26 06:37:56

@S.chatterjee 

Hello,

3M is the wired speed when your computer is connected to the C20 or the wireless speed?

Who is your internet service provider and what is the current network topology? 

Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the C20 directly and to test the speed for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

Meanwhile, please check the speed by connecting the same computer to the modem directly so that we can do a comparative analysis.

Please ensure that the current firmware is up to date. And change another wired cable to connect the router and modem, like cat 5e or above.

You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 616

Replies: 1

Related Articles