Model Deco m5 v3 ---------- slave deco only 95 megas with ethernet cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-23 17:10:10 - last edited 2020-08-23 17:38:41
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Deco m5 v3

Hi i have a problem with my speed on both slave decos.

my configuration is:

--- slave deco

modem ----- main deco -------- netgear unmanaged switch gigabit --------

--- slave deco

my main deco have the maximum speed( 150) but the both slave deco have only 95 of speed.

i try to connect directly(with cable) the main deco with one slave deco and the speed is only 95.

i try to connect the main deco with one slave deco without internet cable and the speed is 150.

why the speed with internet cable is not 150? someone can help me please

Options
3 Reply
Re:Model Deco m5 v3 ---------- slave deco only 95 megas with ethernet cable
2020-08-25 03:47:32 - last edited 2020-08-25 03:47:58

@Kyre 

Hello,

Are all the three Deco units Deco M5? It is suggested to connect all the devices in the network via cat5e or cat6 cables, you may try with a new cable to give it a go.

How did you test this speed which gives you 95M? Is it showing on the Deco app or on a speed test app? How about the link speed on the computer when connected to the RE Deco with an Ethernet cable? You may confirm it like below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

BTW, what is the model number of the gigabit switch?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-28 22:25:59

@TP-Link_Deco 

Yes every deco is connected with cable 5e, i try different cable but nothing change.

i do the test just near of every deco with deco speed test and with ookla speed test.

My contract speed is 150

Main deco have 145 with ookla and between 35 and 65 with deco app

second deco have 93-95 with ookla and between 35 and 65 with deco app

third deco 93-95 with ookla and between 35 and 65 with deco app

i cant try with pc.

here some screenshoot to see if i need to change somentime

Options
2020-08-31 12:01:24

@Kyre 

Hi, thanks for the update.

How far between the main Deco and satellite/slave Deco units? When you test the modem--the main Deco--2nd slave Deco directly, what is the distance between the 2nd and the main? Please confirm the link speed on your computer and show me the screenshot:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/

What is the link speed when this computer connected to the main Deco with the same cat5e cable? If the link speed is different on the same computer with the same cable, I'm afraid the issue might be caused by the distance and cable, you may need to move the two Deco units closer and use another cat5e or cat6 cable.

Let me know if there is any update, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 518

Replies: 3