Problem with the deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-24 10:35:15
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi, I have a deco network.

The main deco is m5 and it is connected to a mini-switch(TL-SG1008D), several components are connected to a mini-switch, one of which is the deco m4r and deco m5.  Once a week the main deco stops responding and I have to disconnect it from the power, and turn off the rest of the deco on the network, and only then reconnect it.  In addition, every few days the deco m4r disconnects from the main deco and I need to disconnect and reconnect the network cable so that it reconnects to the main deco .. Does anyone have a solution to the problem?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Problem with the deco network
2020-08-25 03:24:13

@SM-xgrm 

Hello,

Is this issue happening regularly every week or did it actually happen randomly? So how many Deco devices do you have in total? Only the main Deco M5 and another M4R are plugged into the SG1008D with cable, other units are connected to the main Deco M5 wirelessly?

What if you disconnect the SG1008D and connect the main Deco M5 to your modem directly, will the connection be stable all the time? Please give it a go if possible, then we can confirm whether the issue is caused by the SG1008D or the Deco.

As for the Deco M4 losing connection issue, please help confirm if it is still there when the SG1008D is removed from the network.

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-25 07:23:10

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, I probably did not explain myself properly.  I have two deco m5 devices and one deco m4r on the network.  The connections are as follows: modem> main deco m5> sg1008d> deco m5, deco m4r, other devices.  The disconnection between the main deco and deco m4r happens on a daily basis, and the lack of response of the main deco m5 happens about once a week or once a week and a half.  It is important for me to note that the main deco m5 was bought a year after the other deco m5.  I mean there is a difference in their hardware .. The main deco comes with a standard power connection and the secondary deco m5 comes with a usb type c connection.  But there are no disconnects between them I just wanted to point out if it matters.  Plus if you want I can take out the log of the main deco and pass it on to you.

Than

Options
2020-08-26 11:53:11

@SM-xgrm 

Hi, thanks for the update.

May I know who is your ISP and what is the WAN connection type on the main Deco M5, is it PPPoE or Dynamic IP? When it disconnects from the modem, how about the LEDs on it, is it red or green?

Have you confirmed that if the modem connection is stable or not? May I have the model number of it?

As for the M4R disconnect issue, what is the light status when it disconnects? Do you need to power it off then power it on to make it work again? 

Are all the three Deco devices in the same floor or on two different floors? You may try to swap the main Deco M5 with the 2nd M5 or M4R, then monitor the connection.

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-26 14:21:35

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi,

My ISP is partner communications, and my connection type is dynamic IP.

When the main deco is sufficient to respond, the LED is green, and the deco cannot be accessed through the app or browser.

The connection of the modem is stable even when the main deco stops responding.

The modem type is Sagemcom Fast 3686.

Regarding the M4R the LED flashes red, and to reconnect it to the main deco you need to disconnect the network cable and reconnect.

The main deco and the M4R are on the same floor, the M4R is in the office and the main deco is in the living room.

The secondary deco m5 is on the top floor.

Your intention is that I will try to set up one of the other deco’s as the main deco?  And if so how can this be done without re-establishing the entire network?

Thanks

Options
2020-08-27 05:59:24

@TP-Link_Deco 

hi,

This morning, like every morning lately .. I went to the office where the M4R is.

I disconnected the network cable and reconnected and still it could not connect to the main deco.  

Only after I disconnected it from the power and returned it was able to connect to the main deco.

Options
2020-08-27 07:29:11

@SM-xgrm 

Hi, you may refer to the below guide to switch the 2nd Deco M5 to the main Deco:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

BTW, I want to confirm again, if the Deco M4R connected to the main Deco M5 or the 2nd M5 with an Ethernet cable? How far between them? Is it possible to change with a shorter Ethernet cable to have a simple test?

Let me know if this makes any difference.

Options
2020-08-27 08:38:46

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi,

I will try to switch between the main and secondary deco m5.  

Regarding the M4R it is connected with a network cable that goes through the communication pipes of the house to the mini switch SG1008D.
If you want I can extract his log while it's offline and upload it.

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 743

Replies: 7

Related Articles