Archer T4E disconnects and reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 00:56:14 - last edited 2020-09-07 03:30:57
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer T4E

So I have installed and uninstalled many times the drivers for the adapter and I am having problems where I will disconnect randomly from the wifi and then connect like 1 minute later. I have tried everything. Wiped computer clean and start over, uninstall and reinstall the drivers, removing the adapter and putting it back in. I see no physical problems with the adapter. I have tried everything that I think is possible. I have dealt with this since I have recieved this adpater and have been dealing with it for 6-8 months now. 

Options
15 Reply
Re:Archer T4E disconnects and reconnect
2020-08-26 17:56:05 - last edited 2020-08-26 17:58:00

Alright. Before I do this will me changing the channel of my main router affect how the other devices on my router work? will I be causing problems for others if I change the channel? Also how can you mark your solution the best if we don't even know that it worked? I'm sure you have experience but all situations are different so you can never be 100% sure. Just thought I would point that out for you.

Options
2020-08-27 11:49:59

@Kathy_Z 

Thank you. I will look into that and Asa I either figure out the solution or the solution you gave me works I will say something.

I just thought it was odd there was a best solution already nothing out of hate just was curious. I know of some websites that usually wait before the best answer is chosen so to see that was new. 

Thank you for you assistance. 

Options
2020-09-04 23:00:13

@Kathy_Z 

So I have tried everything you gave me and i'm still having problems. Whats the next best thing to do?

Options
2020-09-24 13:18:36

@Kathy_Z 

So after a senior engineer couldn't help me with the problem I went and bought a usb network adapter to see if maybe it was the device itself. 
I just received it yesterday and after installing the drivers I plugged it in. I used the new WiFi adapter for 4 hours no problems. Swapped back to the archer T4E, had problems.
In the end I conclude that there was something wrong with the archer T4E itself.
Thank you to all who helped me to figure out the problem.

Options
2020-12-28 01:57:13 - last edited 2022-01-30 23:22:59

I was having this issue and I think I was able to get rid of it, so I'm leaving this message in case people find this while googling for a fix.

Downloading from Steam and other long downloads disconnected my internet, I've tried to fix it reinstalling the drivers provided in the product page here https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-t4e/#Driver.

I've pinpointed the issue to the network card when I routed my internet through my phone by USB, and it did not present the issue.

Then, I've found this thread, and installed the driver supplied by Kathy_Z in a previous reply, here is the link again: https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191128/T4E.zip

When selecting the .inf file from WIN10X64 (my windows version) through the driver update window, I am presented with a list of drivers. With that, I've chosen "Wireless ASUS PCI-E Adapter". I've chosen this one because this is the name that appears when you search Google with the hardware ID from this card (which is PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8812&CC_0280).

I thought it wouldn't work because the driver date was 2016. However after installing this driver I couldn't reproduce the issue anymore. Hopefully this means it won't occur again the future.

This is what it should show up in the Driver tab when going to Properties in device in the Device Manager.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, Senu_Fps provided another driver in this same thread, reply #15, that might help too.

Options
2020-12-30 09:22:54

@joaopslins 

Hi, glad to hear that the public driver helps. ^_^

Options
2021-08-08 07:53:54 - last edited 2021-08-08 07:57:29

@joaopslins 

You absolute legend, thank you!

I was having the same issue on my Archer T4E (TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter) and no other fixes were working.

The issue only started happening around 2 months ago - I'm not sure what caused it, a Windows update maybe?

But sure enough, using the ASUS Wireless PCI-E Adapter driver from the T4E.zip worked like a charm!

Options
2021-11-09 07:21:00

@joaopslins 

Hi there, can you explain how I can do that myself? 

I know this message board is over a year old now, but I'm struggling to do this.

I downloaded the .zip folder, but I don't understand how to install the drivers from in here, my drivers say 2018. which confuses me.

Are you able to give me a step by step guide on how to install the 2016 driver from the T4E.zip folder?

Nothing in here makes sense to me.

Options
2021-11-23 22:44:42

Hello everyone, thanks for troubleshooting and giving suggestions, I have been trying to get on with this awkward T4E for half a year and now I will give a @ joaopslins 's method a try on latest Win 11 build. 

I did it half an hour ago, it works not worse than origin Archer T4E driver from the website. Now it's time to download some gbs and see. BTW, on Win 11 T4E works better for me, it needs more data to make a card non-functional for the first time, for example I use Windows Troubleshooting for restarting T4E without rebooting a PC and on Win 10 it could take 20 GB before that, 20 GB after and so on, on Win 11 it can take 50-70 GB, then after Troubleshooting it can take 10-20 GB, then 1-2, then.. couple of minutes. There are lots of ways to download not more than 70 GB before rebooting but I still desire that the solution works for me. First impression: speedtest shows I have 60 Mbps DL and 94-95 for UP, when I am paying for 100, but that awkward thing could be because I have a problem with my monitor - when it is turned on and connected to PC my network can be crazy and speeds are falling down to 0.2 kbps for 1-30 secs (and ping can go high without any reason) and that is fixed by unplugging HDMI or waiting for windows to turn off the monitor for standby, that's silly, but it's not a problem of T4E itself, it has been there with another TPL card. I suggest it's HDMI failure, but that's off topic. The on topic is - Steam and Torrent show me stable 100-108 Mbps with a max of 120 – the speed is not worse! I will comment later if that solution works on Win 11 as it should be. Thanks in advance! 

Options
2021-11-23 23:18:40

@EvoTangent Open the zip, go to WIN10X64 folder (or your corresponding windows version), then open up the .inf file. Then choose the "Wireless ASUS PCI-E Adapter" driver in the list of options. That's what I've done.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11493

Replies: 18