Hopefully not too complicated problem with multiple devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-06 02:26:03
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 1.2

ISP : SKY

Hi,

I have a complex problem that became apparent when I tried to connect my xbox to the Powerline network.

NETWORK ARCHITECTURE:

SKY ROUTER (SAGEMCOM 2504N) ++++++ TL-PA211 ------- TL-WPA281 (also connected by ethernet to PC, not generating wifi signal currently though) ------- TL-PA211 +++++ XBOX 360 MINI

KEY:
++++ ethernet connection
-------- powerline connection

PROBLEM:
My Xbox cannot connect to the internet. The TL-PA211 to which I have connected it via ethernet cable does not connect to the network. All three lights flash in sync. Xbox cannot detect a valid IP address, and gives me a long error string.

ADDITIONAL PROBLEM:
I have no idea why the TL-WPA281 is not generating a wifi signal. It used to until I connected it via ethernet to my desktop for a faster connection. It would be helpful to have it generating both a signal for this end of the house and a hardwire connection to the computer, but I never seemed to be able to get it to do that.

SOLUTIONS TRIED WHICH FAILED TO ESTABLISH CONNECTION:

1. Manually entering new IP address for the Xbox 360, including subnet mask and gateway.
2. Resetting Xbox 360
3. Resetting Sky router
4. Resetting all TP link devices in network.
5. Pressing "pair" button on PA211 connected to xbox, while pressing pair buttons on other TP Link devices.
6. Pressing "QSS" button on router / entering PIN.
7. Plugging PA211 into another power outlet.

I have a feeling this is an issue with the powerline network the PA211 is trying to join rather than the device itself, perhaps I have not correctly configured another of the TP link devices on the network?

Many thanks for your support.

JC
Options
2 Reply
Re:Hopefully not too complicated problem with multiple devices
2013-02-06 13:54:21
If PLC lights on three device are on, replace your xbox with a PC for a try.
Options
Re:Hopefully not too complicated problem with multiple devices
2013-02-06 14:13:34
Install the powerline utility , and check the detected devices. You can try to add the not-detected ones by the utility (the password is on the product itself).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 2

Related Articles