Give access guest network to a specfic host network device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 16:09:24
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 37987

Hi,

I want to know how can I give access guest network devices to a specific host network connected device ? I've a pc connected to my deco m4 via wired. I've installed pihole on that pc & set the pc as dns resolver on the dhcp dns option. The problem is guest network devices can't access to the pc. Router firewall block them I think. So the guest network connected device can't use internet at all because the dns query request can't reach to my pc. I want to allow to the pc from guest network so that guest users can use internet.  If I set the pc on wan dns resolver then everything works fine but when I restart my deco for some reason or load shedding then after reboot the Lan IP of my deco automatically change everytime [Maybe a bug]. As I've set my pc as wan dns resolver after auto changes the lan IP internet stop working as it should be because the IP of my pc also changes !! Need to configure the router firewall so that I can set the pc's IP on dhcp dns & also internet work on guest network.

Here is my network diagram:

Options
2 Reply
Re:Give access guest network to a specfic host network device
2020-08-27 01:46:03

@Rafid_Anjum 

Hello,

As per your description, whenever the Deco M4 restarts the LAN IP of it will change to a new one? If this is the case, there might be a WAN-LAN IP conflict in your network when it restarts. You may try to change the LAN IP address of the Deco M4 to a different one, such as 192.168.67.1, then confirm again.

Good day.

Options
Re:Give access guest network to a specfic host network device
2020-08-27 05:10:10 - last edited 2020-08-27 05:17:30

@TP-Link_Deco if I set a Public DNS resolver on wan dns such as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 then the lan IP of my router still same after reboot. There is no changing at all. But when I set my PC lan on wan port dns then immediately everything working fine. All the networks query from my pc. But after reboot the router lan IP changes from 192.168.68.1 to 192.168.0.1 then if I again reboot it will be 192.168.1.1.....

How to fix this issue. As you are saying if there is a ip conflict then why the conflict isn't happening if I use public dns resolvers ?

If there is a way to resolve this issue please tell me immediately or you can tell me how to set public dns just for guest network.

My ISP router static IP connection details:

IP Address: 172.16.100.44

IP Gateway: 172.16.100.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

I don't think so there is a way for conflict !!

Thank You

Rafid Anjum

Have a great day

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 2