Cannot connect to Archer C6 after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 13:29:47 - last edited 2020-08-27 11:20:37
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, today I did firmware update from my Tether app (on iPhone), where I was connected to my router properly. After update, I can't connect to my router from Tether - it says wrong password. However, when I try to connect by tp link web, it connects me just fine. Is there any chance where I could try to change password without reseting my settings?
Thank you for your answer and sorry for my bad english, it is not my first language. 

Best regards, Vlastimil

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot connect to Archer C6 after firmware update-Solution
2020-08-27 11:20:32 - last edited 2020-08-27 11:20:37

@Vlastimil 

Hello,

Please check the following info if Tether failed to log in TP-Link device:

1. Make sure it is the correct login username/password (admin/admin in default settings and this might be changed by yourself; if the TP-Link device is bound to a TP-Link ID, please check it as well). The username/password is the same as your login credentials for the web management page.
2. Make sure the TP-Link device is using the latest firmware.
3. Ensure it is in Router or Access Point mode.
4. Reboot the TP-Link device or restart the Tether app.
5. If the username/password is forgotten, please reset the device manually and use the default login credentials (admin/admin).

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to Archer C6 after firmware update-Solution
2020-08-27 11:20:32 - last edited 2020-08-27 11:20:37

@Vlastimil 

Hello,

Please check the following info if Tether failed to log in TP-Link device:

1. Make sure it is the correct login username/password (admin/admin in default settings and this might be changed by yourself; if the TP-Link device is bound to a TP-Link ID, please check it as well). The username/password is the same as your login credentials for the web management page.
2. Make sure the TP-Link device is using the latest firmware.
3. Ensure it is in Router or Access Point mode.
4. Reboot the TP-Link device or restart the Tether app.
5. If the username/password is forgotten, please reset the device manually and use the default login credentials (admin/admin).

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1161

Replies: 1

Related Articles