Deco M9 Plus not showing connected devices to last slave in daisy chain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 15:38:17 - last edited 2020-09-02 03:06:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 build 02020725 Rel 65637

I have one main Deco and two slaves.  They are setup daisy chained using ethernet backhaul. 

I upgraded the firmware last week to 02020725. I confirmed all three Deco's are on that firmware. All show signal source of ethernet.

Operating mode of Router (not access point)

My setup is Main Deco ==> Basement ==> Spare Bedroom

All show online in the iPhone app.  All show some activity on the Download/Upload screens on the iPhone app.

On the iPhone Deco app, devices I have plugged into the Spare Bedroom ethernet jack show as connected clients to Basement. No devices at all show connected to the last/ Spare Bedroom Slave in the daisy chain. I can kick off a google speed test on my PC connected directly into the ethernet jack on the Spare Bedroom Deco.  It shows no connected client and the Iphone App does not show the surge of Mbps activity in the Spare Bedroom Download and Upload screen.

I can kick off a speed test with my iphone and see the Download speed surge up to 250Mbps for the basement Deco two stories below. This is done two feet from the Spare Bedroom Deco.  I tried rebooting the Spare Bedroom Deco.  I turned wifi on/off on the iphone.  Always does this.

Is there something wrong with this last slave?    Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 Plus not showing connected devices to last slave in daisy chain-Solution
2020-08-27 12:10:58 - last edited 2020-09-02 03:06:05

I swapped the basement and spare bedroom decos. When in the spare bedroom, my iphone now correctly shows connected to deco right next to it. I also shows my PC connected. The one in the basement shows the Roku TVs around it. When I walk downstairs, my iphone picks up that basement deco and I see the surge of activity when I do a speed test.

The clients show connected to each Deco and seems to have fixed it.

Why did switching those two slave decos resolve the issue? Did I mix up the order when upgrading the firmware? Thanks for your help!

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus not showing connected devices to last slave in daisy chain
2020-08-27 01:20:10

@stevesul 

Hi,

Is there a switch in your network, as I assume there are different devices connected to the Spare Bedroom Deco? What are those devices?

What if you swap the Basement Deco and the Spare Bedroom Deco, will there be any difference?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-27 09:41:16 - last edited 2020-08-27 09:47:24

@TP-Link_Deco 

Yes I have the below switch off the main deco/office to connect some devices in the office. The pc and other devices connected to the switch all properly show connected to the main deco. 

TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch | Ethernet Splitter | Plug-and-Play | Traffic Optimization | Unmanaged (TL-SG1005D),Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N99BBC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_W33rFbYEJG20Q

I can try swapping them out. 

The spare bedroom has two windows computers..

Right now I have my work laptop on ethernet during the day and then swap the ethernet with the home pc (which has plex).  

I also have an old tp-link router that I was going to use as a switch in the spare bedroom. I have that disconnected for now so it's not part of the problem. 

Within 5 feet of the spare bedroom deco, there is a roku tv. In the next bedroom, on the other side of the wall another roku tv. Neither connect to the spare bedroom deco and instead go two floor down to basement. 

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus not showing connected devices to last slave in daisy chain-Solution
2020-08-27 12:10:58 - last edited 2020-09-02 03:06:05

I swapped the basement and spare bedroom decos. When in the spare bedroom, my iphone now correctly shows connected to deco right next to it. I also shows my PC connected. The one in the basement shows the Roku TVs around it. When I walk downstairs, my iphone picks up that basement deco and I see the surge of activity when I do a speed test.

The clients show connected to each Deco and seems to have fixed it.

Why did switching those two slave decos resolve the issue? Did I mix up the order when upgrading the firmware? Thanks for your help!

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-02 03:05:44

@stevesul 

Swap the Deco location or a reboot may refresh the connection and the Deco may suggest to the device to connect to the nearest Deco node successfully. 

Options
2020-09-02 11:01:04

@TP-Link_Deco 

I'm all set. Switching the decos fixed it. It's been working fine the last week or so. Each deco is showing clients connected to it. Thanks 

Options
2020-09-03 11:43:39

@stevesul 

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1614

Replies: 6

Related Articles