Unstable connection and Speed issues with Archer AX11000 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 17:06:03
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20200216 rel.72186(5553)

Hello TP-Link Support,

I am experiencing issues with the Archer AX11000 router.

ISP: Comcast

Rated Network Speed: 600 Mbsp Download and 20 Mbsp Upload

Modem: Arris SurfBoard 8200

Issues:

• I am unable to work from home due to connection stability issues. When I attempt to remote into my computer at work the remote desktop connection at times is unresponsive and will not recognize input or the input would register after a 10 second time lag.
    • This issue does not occur when I connect my laptop directly to my modem.
  • I have buffering issues on my 4k Fire tv stick. At the begining of video playback, the quality is below HD and takes about 1-2 minutes for HD to kick in.
  • Download speeds are inconsistent.
    • When directly connected to the modem I get around 650 Mbsp Down consistently.
    • When connected to the router at times I get varied results (60, 120, 300).
    • After I reboot the router I get the full 650 Mbps Download, but after about an hour the download speed drops back down to 60 Mbps.

I have changed my Primary and Secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. but the issues remained.

Here are some screenshots of my test:

Wifi Buffering Issues:

Wifi Buffering IssueTest 2

Ethernet buffering Issues

Ethernet Downlaod testmy results:

Directly connected to modem (test my results)

After rebooting the router (Ethernet) Test my results:

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Options
35 Reply
Re:Unstable connection and Speed issues with Archer AX11000 Router
2020-08-28 02:28:29

@Ghost_Rid8r 

Hi, sorry to hear that.

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-02 04:25:36

@Ghost_Rid8r 

I'm also having a similar issue.

Options
2020-09-24 15:55:40

@Ghost_Rid8r 

I have the same problem, and poor wifi.

Is worse then the ISP Ziggo Box.

Pls can you help with this problem bought already also the TP-link deco home M4 Mesh wifi system.

But cant used it in combination with AX11000

Options
2020-09-25 05:52:52

@jaap24  @Tbird2487 

Hi, I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm, thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-25 08:42:35

@Kevin_Z 

Goodmorning Kevin,

After starting the upgrade it stops in a few seconds with the popup "Unable to upgrade."

Pls can you help me out with this issue.

Kind regards

Jaap

Options
2020-12-01 20:10:46

@Kevin_Z 

I have been having very similar issues.  I have changed channels and widths via chat support, rebooted numerous times and factory reset and am still having the same issues.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Options
2020-12-02 02:48:00

@DStephens3516 

So what is the bandwidth you got from your ISP, what is the download and upload when you connect the computer directly to the ISP modem?

Please then verify what is the download and upload when you connect to the AX11000, via cable and connecting to the 5GHz. Also, please check and ensure the QoS is on the Standard mode, you may manually set the upload and download to 999Mbps.

Options
2020-12-02 08:08:38

@Kevin_Z 

Good morning Kevin,

it has nothing to do with ISP.

With there modem i had never problems. Since i use the AX11000 Router i am having problems with Wifi.

The dutch TP-Link organization advised not to use the smart connection functionality.

So i have now tree names for the Wifi. For 2,4 GHz , 5.2 Ghz and 5.2 GHz. It works a little bit better but still worse then the router from ISP.

This is a rather expensive device for home use, we could expect better performance.

Kind regards Jaap

PS the firmware update you send me is still not loading.

Pls your advice.

Options
2020-12-02 12:09:43

@jaap24 

Hi, what is the exact issue you encountered on your AX11000, and how is it connected to the network? As per your previous description, it seems that you also used Deco device?

Please provide the detailed network layout and the detailed issue you ever experienced, then we can take further steps. Thanks.

Options
2020-12-02 13:36:49

@Kevin_Z 

Hallo Kevin,

I Bought de deco device as a back up for my poor wifi. So it is not installed at the moment. i only use 2.4 GHZ for my laptop and it not stable.

Options