Unstable connection and Speed issues with Archer AX11000 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unstable connection and Speed issues with Archer AX11000 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
Re:Unstable connection and Speed issues with Archer AX11000 Router
2022-03-09 16:48:11

@jaap24 I have multiple tickets currently open.

Options
2022-03-10 02:19:04

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation of the issue and situation. @AmethystScarab 

Regarding the 2.4G instability issue you are experiencing and you mentioned that they can connect to an 802.11n network without an issue, can you please try modifying the wireless mode for the 2.4G network to 802.11 b/g/n mixed on the AX11000 router, then reboot the router and all the smart devices to confirm if they can connect stably?

How about wireless security? Try WPA2-PSK TKIP.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-10 02:21:34

jaap24 wrote

Hello AmethystScarab, just send again a new ticket to TP-Link for bad wifi 2,4 and 5 GHX and asked them to solve my problem. As a work around I bought an other mesh system witch is working well. maybe we get enough customers with problems so TP-Link has to solve this problem.

Hello @jaap24, thanks for posting on the community. Please follow it up with the local support if you have already had an open ticket.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-10 18:45:44

@Kevin_Z In the past I have tried that setting, I will try again.

I have also found in the past forcing 2.4GHz to a standard channel (ID) of 1,6,11 helps with some devices, it is odd this router tends to pick any random number from 1-11 which is likely to not only double the chancels of overlap interference but also cause issue for lowerend/simplier devices connecting to it. 

It is also odd the web interface doesn't show the current channel anywhere when configured on Auto. Granted it also doesn't state which SSID someone is connected to (even when guest is configured) and even more odd the Guest network uses the same IP subnet.

It is also odd that absolutely zero of the recommended troubleshooting steps (channel number, channel width, mode, etc.) are not available when using "Smart Connect" requiring the average user to know more about networking since you would think much of these would be easier to configure and default. The router has a lot of "Auto" options except for the ones you might except like transmit power (not that TP-Link handles Auto very well). 

Then again the unit seems to only check for AV updates once a month (if even that often) which isn't configurable. 

The parental controls "Insights" tends to detect a lot of things as "Nintendo" without showing the URL which is less than helpful because it this both my thermostat and heating 0-i-l gauge (not sure why that word isn't allowed) as both trying to reach "Nintendo".  Granted one of the "Insights" is listed as 7PM today (it was 7PM yesterday, and it isn't even 2PM today) but then we already know the GUI has numerous glitches. As the same insights page tends to think it an inch or so longer than is acutally displayed (hiding entries below the scroll) regardless of web browser. 

Then again no logs carry over after reboot except for some unknown reason the number of days "protected" from the AV doesn't reset on reboot. So if it can carry over why can't anything else?

But I am getting off topic, as I the stability is the most important of the bugs for me. 

Options
2022-03-10 18:55:08

@Kevin_Z Forgot to mention the router does not offer TKIP for WPA2 (at least not anymore).  The only option in the pulldown is AES.  Though making that change would require re-configuring some devices set by hand. 

Options