Slow Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow Speeds
Slow Speeds
2020-08-26 21:10:42 - last edited 2020-08-27 01:05:22
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

received my deco m4 yesterday set it all up within 30 minutes with all my stuff connected to it seen a massive improvement with wifi over the home but the speeds are terrible 

I receive 66mb download and 10mb upload on my laptop wireless on 5ghz

on my samsung galaxy s20 i only get 15mb download 10mb upload on 5ghz

anyone else had any known issues with these giving slow speeds to certain devices

i did a speedtest this morning on my mobile and got the full 66mb but then few hours later speeds drop really low

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slow Speeds-Solution
2020-08-27 01:04:55 - last edited 2020-08-27 01:05:22

@Chris34731 

Hi,

What is the current network topology/layout? How many Deco M4 do you have in total? How are they connected?

With your Samsung galaxy s20 connected to the 5GHz, please check the wireless link speed on it. Check the link speed on your laptop as well and compare the two. Below is the guide to check the link speed on a windows computer:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

When the speed drops on your Samsung galaxy s20, are you moving around the house? What if you disable the 2.4GHz wireless connection on your Deco M4 and only leave the 5GHz on, will there be any difference?

How did you test this speed? Are you testing with speedtest app? Please unplug the other Deco M4s and only leave the main Deco M4, then confirm the speed again.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Speeds-Solution
2020-08-27 01:04:55 - last edited 2020-08-27 01:05:22

@Chris34731 

Hi,

What is the current network topology/layout? How many Deco M4 do you have in total? How are they connected?

With your Samsung galaxy s20 connected to the 5GHz, please check the wireless link speed on it. Check the link speed on your laptop as well and compare the two. Below is the guide to check the link speed on a windows computer:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

When the speed drops on your Samsung galaxy s20, are you moving around the house? What if you disable the 2.4GHz wireless connection on your Deco M4 and only leave the 5GHz on, will there be any difference?

How did you test this speed? Are you testing with speedtest app? Please unplug the other Deco M4s and only leave the main Deco M4, then confirm the speed again.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 1

Related Articles